Attention all you other IAP Cheapskates!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Whi makes the best ultasonic cleaner for the money, where do I get it, and do they have any discount coupons?

I don't want spend a lot of cash but I don't want to buy any junk either.

You guys always know where to find the deals!

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lazyguy

I have been looking at this or this I hope that helps. I have a 20% coupon that I ripped from a magazine at the eye doctors. I am on the mailing list but have not gotten a 20% in some time so I am not sure what I am going to use it for.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
What do you intend to clean with it? the above linked ultrasonics will work for small stuff, they have them on Ebay for 27.00 shipped. Do you need heat as well as the ultra sonic effect?

PenMan1

Yeah Mike, I would like heat too. This machine's jobs will be 1. pre-heat PR. 2- clean reclaimed pen parts and small tools.

Heat IS important, but not $200 important.

Mark

I guess I'd be curious as to whether the (heated) unit is large enough to hold the molds.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You could preheat pr by setting it in hot tap water just as easily. Or add hot tap water to the ultrasonic for cleaning purposes to help loosen things up. The heaters on the models I'm familiar with keep the solution hot, but I use it all day long. However cheap is not in the equation with these types of ultrasonics. They do make units large enough but at what cost. http://www.crest-ultrasonics.com/powersonic-benchtop-cleaners.html Way over his budget at the moment. you need to define the inside dimensions you can work with.

RAdams

Banned
I heat mine up in an over that uses a light bar type deal with a 150 degree setting, then i sit them on the running tablesaw with the blade powered. I figure thats gotta be close to ultrasonic right?

HEY,, Wait a minute.... Who you calling a cheapskate? I wouldnt buy an ultrasonic for $200, but i might pay that for the right hunk of wood!!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:biggrin:why dont you just crank the base up on the stereo and set an easy bake oven on it. that way you can shake and bake at the same time:biggrin:

RAdams

Banned
:biggrin:why dont you just crank the base up on the stereo and set an easy bake oven on it. that way you can shake and bake at the same time:biggrin:

RICKY BOBBY!!! SHAKE AND BAKE

STOP. Pose for the frame.

PenMan1

I guess I'd be curious as to whether the (heated) unit is large enough to hold the molds.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I have been using the ultrasound to heat and degas the resin before I put it into the mold. That seems to work OK.

After molding the PR, I just sit the silicone mold on the (running) ocilllating sander for a few minutes to vibrate any remaining bubbles to the top.

I've done it many different ways, but RIGHT NOW this method seems to be working out with very few bubbles.

PenMan1

That's the way I do it. Don't have a method to vibrate the mold yet, but I'm working on it.

I've been checking e-bay for one of those old "football" games where you line up the players, turn on a switch and the vibration moves the players around the field.

If I could find one cheap, I think that might be the best answer to vibrating! If I remember correctly, they are about 18 inches wide and about 3 feet long. That would hold a BUNCH of molds!

jocat54

I've been checking e-bay for one of those old "football" games where you line up the players, turn on a switch and the vibration moves the players around the field.

If I could find one cheap, I think that might be the best answer to vibrating! If I remember correctly, they are about 18 inches wide and about 3 feet long. That would hold a BUNCH of molds!

Your telling your age if you remember those:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

capcrnch

I hated that thing as a kid. I must have tried to play at least a 100 times after getting it. Damn players kept vibrating off the field, or would constantly wind up all bunched together at one corner of the field!

Kids today have it too easy!

JerrySambrook

PenMan1

Wow,
I actually still have the Joe Namath "autographed" version of this game as well as the "official" NFL version, which did not include any of the AFL (back then it was AFL and not AFC) team at all. Talk about OLD

Yep, That's the game I want! I want the NFL verison, not the Broadway Joe version. That game vibrated worse and was louder tha a 1954 Harley "hard tail" with fishtail pipes ---- Now, That's vibration!

Top Bottom