assembling sierra pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sgimbel

Just got some Rockler Sierra pens, According tothe instructions you put the pen portion throuch the transmission and then screw on the nib portion. I built 3 pens, the 1st went together just like it said but none of the others will allow me to insert the pen throuh the transmission. There's a little blue nib just inside the transmission and it won't move to allow the pen to insert alll the way. Am I stupid, do I need to lube it? Any suggestions would me appreciated cause I have a dozen to build.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I was just looking at the rockler instruction and am not sure of your problem . Are you talking about the refill ? if you are then I think that might be your problem . The refill don't go through the transmission . The instructions say to insert the refill w/spring into the nib section then screw the transmission over the refill on to the nib section .

DurocShark

I just can't believe how stupid I can be at times. Thanks for the help.

Bah. That's why men don't read instructions. We look at the parts and figger it out on our own.

(Then, when that fails utterly, we make sure nobody's looking THEN read the instructions...)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

leestoresund

i used to have a Ryobi 10 Planer. After about 10 years I bought some new blades and they didn't fit. Sent them back to Freud and they said the fit.
Tried again, Didn't fit.
Finally took them over to MegaTools.
I was trying to put them in backwards!

Lee

Top Bottom