Ash hollow form

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from colinp

colinp

hi guys this is my first attempt at uploading so hope it goes ok. This a hollow form in green Ash which i turned yesterday . This my first real hollow form and is 10 inches in dia and 12 inches high. comments and criticism welcome Colin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

What size is the hole in the top?

I have always thought Ash was under-rated....seems it is a pretty sweet timber!

Scott (thick growth rings) B

Haynie

:biggrin:I can't see your ash. You big tease. Showing everyone else some ash.....:biggrin:

Oh, there it is. Came up after I posted the above.

That's cool. I have never worked with ash. It is pretty.

Last edited:

Old Codger

Very nice vessel Colin! I've never seen or turned Ash before so your vessel makes me want to try it too! Very pretty and the grain makes your turning pop! Have a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year! Safe turning to you too!

Deadhead

Ash is very under-rated. I've done several bowls and a few salt mills in ash; and I am always amazed at the grain pattern.

Jim Burr

Banned
I'm with Ben...ash is really cool! This looks great! I'd have left the beads out, nice shape and finish...don't need 'em. What's the wall thickness Colin?

The Penguin

most of the "urban" ash I see is "Arizona" ash that have been planted in subdivisions and grown up over the years.

a few months ago, I had opportunity to cut down a white ash that turned out to be over 100 years old. It grew up tall, straight and the growth rings are tight and nicely varied in color from heartwood to sapwood.

very much different than the neighborhood junk that I leave on the curb when I see a tree crew cutting one down.

Top Bottom