Aquaponics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JMCU

JMCU

A few days ago i saw mention of someone doing Aquaponics here. Our family is in the process of acquiring parts including green house and tanks and would be interested best sources of information pertaining to this project.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JMCU

Thanks, I'll check it out. We have always had a garden and recently bought most part of a 24x48 green house except with current canopy technology it will turn out to be probably 24x36 and Aquaponics seems like the most logical upgrade to Hydroponics.

Haynie

Remember that aquaponics adds one more area a monkey wrench can be thrown into the system. Tilapa can be finiky and once you get a sickone they all get sick really fast if the population is kept too high. I have read and talked some folks who use catfish as a means of culling the population.

This will probably be deleted but the best place for free information on all aspects of hydroponics are marijuana growing sites. While I have never cultivated the wacky weed I got the most useful garden set up info on those sites.

GrantH

I learned everything from pot sites. Those dudes are incredibly intelligent. It seems like no one cares for their plants nearly like growers do. Information is just not on the web unless it's on those sites.

JMCU

Aye, catfish was what i was thinking. Tilapa doesn't have much taste to me. I'll check out the alternative info sources, it hadn't occured to me to look for those.

An after thought, I may need to investigate freshwater shrimp. The catfish would luv em too. :)

Last edited:

NC Wood Art

I run a small Hydroponics company so I can help with legal growing questions. Aquaponic's is a growing trend but you have to be prepared to go big or you will fight keeping it going.

JMCU

Thanks, As my research and acquisistions progress i will get back to you as i am sure there will be plenty of unanswered questions.

Top Bottom