Anyone want to help?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

IAP Friends,
I will be doing penturning demos at the Turn On! Chicago 2010, SouthWest Association of Turners (SWAT), and the Desert Woodturning RoundUp symposiums. One of my demo topics will be "Alternative Materials for Making Pens". I am working on a PowerPoint presentation. I would like to have as many pictures of pens made from "alternative materials" as I can find and have time to show. Instead of browsing the photo library and "stealing" pictures and using them without permission, I thought this would be a better and faster way. Here is what I need:

I need pictures of pens made from alternative materials. Send any description of the pen you want and I will include it with the picture. Also send your name and I will include your name with the picture of your pen. I would like to have the pen kit name also.

I have plenty of pen pictures made from PR and Alumalite cast materials but send whatever and I will use them if I have a place for them. I would like to get pictures of pens made from materials like bone, metals, and other alternative materials. Any help is greatly apprediated.

I will make the powerpoint presentation available either here (if possible) or on my website once it is finished.

Thanks in advance to all who choose to help. Send the pictures and info to my email at don[AT]RedRiverPens[DOT]com replacing [AT] with @ and [DOT] with .

Email or PM me any questions.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

bruce119

Hi Don

I just sent you 7 photos with some details. I sent at full resolution so you can size them. As I said in my email you are welcome to use or not what you want.

Let me know if you didn't get them.

thanks

its_virgil

Thanks Bruce and Marc...both emails and attachments came through just fine. They are examples of exactly what I'm trying to find.
Keep'em coming. I thought several members have posted pens made from all sorts of bone...Go Gators!:biggrin::biggrin: ...and giraffes!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

bruce119

Thanks Bruce and Marc...both emails and attachments came through just fine. They are examples of exactly what I'm trying to find.
Keep'em coming. I thought several members have posted pens made from all sorts of bone...Go Gators!:biggrin::biggrin: ...and giraffes!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

He is on a road trip :cool: I just saw it looks sweat :tongue:

its_virgil

Bump. Thanks for the help but I could use more ... alternate unconventional ... pen making material.
I really appreciate all of the help so far.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

IAP Friends,
I will be doing penturning demos at the Turn On! Chicago 2010, SouthWest Association of Turners (SWAT), and the Desert Woodturning RoundUp symposiums. One of my demo topics will be "Alternative Materials for Making Pens". I am working on a PowerPoint presentation. I would like to have as many pictures of pens made from "alternative materials" as I can find and have time to show. Instead of browsing the photo library and "stealing" pictures and using them without permission, I thought this would be a better and faster way. Here is what I need:

I need pictures of pens made from alternative materials. Send any description of the pen you want and I will include it with the picture. Also send your name and I will include your name with the picture of your pen. I would like to have the pen kit name also.

I have plenty of pen pictures made from PR and Alumalite cast materials but send whatever and I will use them if I have a place for them. I would like to get pictures of pens made from materials like bone, metals, and other alternative materials. Any help is greatly apprediated.

I will make the powerpoint presentation available either here (if possible) or on my website once it is finished.

Thanks in advance to all who choose to help. Send the pictures and info to my email at don[AT]RedRiverPens[DOT]com replacing [AT] with @ and [DOT] with .

Email or PM me any questions.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Perhaps you might put a list of what you currently have and we could all go from there. Needn't be anything other than a materials list.

its_virgil

Good idea. Currently, I have pictures of pens made from casein, coffee beans, pasta, rebar, abolone, mother of pearl, coconut shells, cast $$$, rifle cartridge, antler, corian and other solid surface material, water pipe (PVC), 50 caliber shell, bamboo, cork, bowling ball, aluminum, soapstone, various home cast PR, worthless wood, various amalgam Muts, pine cone, corn cob, wood from driver (golf club), circuit board, segments with pick guard, diamond wood, historical woods, glass, carbon fiber, snake skin, bog oak, M3composites, various true stones, stamps cast in PR, feathers cast in PR...

Quite an assortment..thanks. But in this demo I will probably not be doing any turning. I just plan to show as many pens made from these materials as I can get and answer any questions I can about them.

Thanks to all who have sent pictures. I really appreciate the help. This is saving me tons of time looking through albums and asking permission to use the ones I find.

Still no bone, yet. I guess I dreamed about pens made from bone.:biggrin::biggrin: Maybe a pen made from a Cuban sandwich will get posted later in the week.:biggrin::biggrin:
Do a good turn daily!
don

quote=hunter-27;1056096]Perhaps you might put a list of what you currently have and we could all go from there. Needn't be anything other than a materials list.[/quote]

SkookumPens

Alternate Materials

Here are a few I have done. They are Cat Tail, Grass Tree from Australia, and Caribou (reindeer).

Craig Chatterton
Puyallup, WA

Attachments

• Cat Tail Pen.jpg
    Cat Tail Pen.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Grass Tree EmperorJr.jpg
    Grass Tree EmperorJr.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Reindeer Pen.jpg
    Reindeer Pen.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 107

OKLAHOMAN

Don, just got back and will send some photos of the best college mascot , the tallest animal and maybe even a bakelite or two if you still need them....

its_virgil

Roy,
I do...I do...I do! Thanks Roy. Thanks a lot. I hope your trip was a good one and you left some Cuban sandwiches for the visitiors this week.
Don

Also, I got several emails today and all of the attached pictures came in just fine. I'm under the gun with a deadline and will acknowledge the pictures that came in today later. Thanks for all who are helping.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don, just got back and will send some photos of the best college mascot , the tallest animal and maybe even a bakelite or two if you still need them....

Don,
I sent you a few picts last night in case you still needed some... didn't post here that they went... if you don't need them or they aren't good enough, I won't be offended... good luck on the presentation.. wish I could get up there to see it.

its_virgil

All of the emails came through fine along with the attachments. Now I have a bunch of pictures to sort through, categorize and assembled into a power point presentation. Thanks for all of the help. I do appreciate it. It made collecting pictures of pens from alternative materials easy and quick. Thanks again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

bruce119

Hey Don is this presentation going to public will be able to see. I am just curious sounds kind of neat what you are doing. I'd be interested in seeing the finished product.

thanks

Top Bottom