Anyone Ever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Made the ShopNotes lathe mounted disc sander? http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/049/

I started making it tonight, and it looks like it's going to work very slick! I'm going to use it for some segmentation I have planned.

It's mainly MDF with a couple pieces of hardwood. It's coming out pretty well for using a circular saw due to selling my tablesaw to buy the lathe! :biggrin:

I should hopefully have it completed by the weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

let us know how it turns out...need good access under the ways to clamp this down & take it on & off..let us know if it stays solid and stays straight

jleiwig

let us know how it turns out...need good access under the ways to clamp this down & take it on & off..let us know if it stays solid and stays straight

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about it considering the motor is right under there, but I might be able to work around that.

danroggensee

Send me the plans and i will work on it to. LOL
Looks like it will work. Good luck and keep us updated please.

Dannie

jleiwig

Just to bring this back up to the top, I am having some issues with making a mounting system. The plan calls for a block between the ways to keep the sanding table square to the disc, and then another block across the bottom of the ways to hold it tight. This works fine on lathes where the motor is not directly underneath the ways, but on my 1220 the motor is in the way of the hold down.

I haven't yet had time to work on a new method of holding it down, but I'll update when I do.

Top Bottom