Any suggestions for a fountain pen kit Part 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WildThings

LOL I'm looking for suggestions for a thin style fountain pen. I haven't done but a couple of FPs and so am not familiar with them. Thanks in advance

WT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

define thin

The smaller, quality, kits are going to be the Jr's for the most part, and the Baron, etc. get kits any smaller an the nib/feed tend to not be all that good at all (don't ask why) from what I've seen.

Phillyjer

I like the Triton FP kit which is similar to the Jr. Gent and the Jr. Statesman. But if you prefer an even thinner option, check out the Classic Elite II from PSI.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
define thin

I'm thinking the body and cap around 10mm-ish

The smaller, quality, kits are going to be the Jr's for the most part, and the Baron, etc. get kits any smaller an the nib/feed tend to not be all that good at all (don't ask why) from what I've seen.

hmmmmm Thanks for that info

Appreciating all the suggestions

WT
Classic series are 10mm bbls and PSI's Traditional are 10mm bbls. The traditional make up about the thinnest FP's I have seen because the cap is a press on and the one I have is not postable they end up a little thinner than the jr gents (1 or 2) etc.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
define thin

Hmmmm I wonder if it's because the smaller kits use a different feed....I sent one to Roy (OKLAHOMAN) to see if bock nibs would work. The nibs work ok but he said he wasn't all that impressed with the feed.

Russianwolf

define thin

Hmmmm I wonder if it's because the smaller kits use a different feed....I sent one to Roy (OKLAHOMAN) to see if bock nibs would work. The nibs work ok but he said he wasn't all that impressed with the feed.

Don't know why they are different, but they are. Same for the vertex, don't know why they are using a non-standard nib (the upgrades will fit, but are so loose that they dry out).

I ordered some of the Streamline Fountains from Berea early on. I loved the size, but the feed/nib was crap and the metal on metal threads caused the plating to fail too quickly.

Top Bottom