Any interest for a smock goup buy?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Any one of you guys are in for buying group buy truning smocks? something that we all can use even in south USA in this crazy warm weather W/O sweating your buns off underneath? If anyone interested please let me know and also I am not talking about spending $50 on a smock either! For some reason it seems to be the norm among the suppliers to charge that much.
I also would like your input on smocks that you are currently using and if you are happy with it or dissatisfied?

Last edited:
I don't need another smock right now, but I use the one from Lee Valley...it's light weight, with pockets in the back... I don't really like the knit ribbed cuffs, but when I got it was was reacting to one of the woods I was turning and liked this one for it neck closure and protects the arms...

steeler fan1

Will you have REAL MEN sizes like XXXXXLT?

I'm with Jon. XXL just wont cut it.

Carl

I'm thinking they run small anyway... I'm not all that big of a guy... 6'1" and about 195 lbs... but I have to wear a large to cover me.... and not sure but may be xL....

That may keep me out. I'm 6'4" and 380

I read some reviews on one of the sites and the major complaint was they ran small, the largest they offered was 2X. I'm 6'3" and 295, not quite as big as Jon but the 2X limit will also leave me out.

Carl

keithkarl2007

Count me in also, my other half isn't too keen on emptying shavings from all my pockets before putting clothes into the wash :biggrin::biggrin:

phillywood

My sensere appology for not responding since all we get down here in S. Tx is wild weather and the last time we got any decent showers unexpectedly caused my computer to act up and I think it's the same problem that my surge protector didn't do what it was purchased for. Few days back I typed a nice response only to find out that site kept kicking me out like not being logged on and never got to post the respond.

Ok, now, what I was trying to do was to gather that what you guys have and what you like or dislike about your smocks then try to approach one of the seamsters who used to work for LIVI manufacturing branch in San Antonio who lost their job due to downsizing or lay offs and see if I can get them make all that we want and make them exactly to what you guys need. For isntance, we down here in S. TX. can not have those heavy duty cotton smocks since it's always hot here and maybe a month of cool weather during early mornings then warm during the day. But then you guys up north that barely get warm need something cozy and warm so it would suite you. And, of course I hear you guys about the size. We live a in a bigger size folks up here in USA that needs to be considered.
Now the other thing is the price of it, I am trying to see if ew can keep it under that magic $50.00 range. So, if you guys want to do this I have to get started and see if the idea is doable to American money and also keep some AMERICAN employed.
So, poor in your ideas and see if we can implement this.
BTW, my dogs didn't even want to come to me last night when I came in form the shop since I had shavings all over me so, the other matter to consider is to find a material that wood or PR shavings will slide off it on to the floor instead of sticking.
So, what say you?

Still interested - I am in Fl but have a climate controled shop - garage right now but going to convert my 5th wheel camper into a moving shop. I am looking for a lightweight smock. easy on easy off. Thanks

steeler fan1

Although I'm in the north lightweight would be preferable. Can always put a heavier shirt on underneath. Size will be a major concern for me. However, I'm prepared to pay extra for larger sizes, I'm used to that:rolleyes:.

Carl

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
I have a smock from Craft Supply and like it but would like something lighter weight ( I have the green one) a little longer and a size larger that their largest. I'd also like a pocket on the left sleeve for a pencil or diamond file.
The IAP logo on it would be a nice touch.

Top Bottom