Antelope Jr Stateaman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Things learned while turning Antelope. It takes a long time due the need to stop and use thin CA. The horn that's starts so black is almost translucent when finished so reverse paint is required. I did not. There are voids in the blank. Comments and critiques are welcome and thanks for looking. Phil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

This one was a definate learning experience. I hope to make enough on shows over the next 3 months to purchase a silver pen parts kit to put the tips of the horns on. I hope I have a former client that like this one. It is unique type of item they look for.

Phil

Old Lar

That is a great pen and a great job on it. I never even considered antelope for a pen. I thought it was a hollow horn. If it is, that is even more of a challenge. Once again, great job!

firewhatfire

It is hollow and I had to be careful drilling the holes to drill through the hollow part and not blow out the side(which I almost did) I thought I had ruined 1 side of while drilling. It is still hollow even past the forks where I hope to get the 2nd pen from. It will have to be a a 7 or 8 mm tube size as the outside demensions taper down quickly.

Phil

That is a great pen and a great job on it. I never even considered antelope for a pen. I thought it was a hollow horn. If it is, that is even more of a challenge. Once again, great job!

Top Bottom