Another Urushi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chriselle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

I just couldn't help myself. I had to bring this pen back into the limelight one more time. I've seen thousands of pens, all different colors and, mixings inlays etc. But, this pen has always stayed in my memory at the top.

As much as I enjoy trying alternate ways of making a pen, this one will evade me for life. Sadly! Due to the Urushi coating material and, process, I will never have access nor, $$ to even attempt to make a pen this way. The good part about this is, Chris Leadbeater (chriselle) has done it for me. I will simply enjoy looking at his pens. Thanks Chris!!

Hey Chuck... a little blast from the past eh..!! I'm honored a guy of your penmaking ability would value bringing that pen back to life... Actually, it's alive and rattling around in some customers pocket..

Ya, at that time I wasn't into doing full kitless yet... so I used the front section and threaded insert of a black titanium Jr.GentII.

Urushi season is just starting and I'll try to post some pics of some new things I'm working on when they are done. Cheers and Thank you..

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I just couldn't help myself. I had to bring this pen back into the limelight one more time. I've seen thousands of pens, all different colors and, mixings inlays etc. But, this pen has always stayed in my memory at the top.

As much as I enjoy trying alternate ways of making a pen, this one will evade me for life. Sadly! Due to the Urushi coating material and, process, I will never have access nor, $$ to even attempt to make a pen this way. The good part about this is, Chris Leadbeater (chriselle) has done it for me. I will simply enjoy looking at his pens. Thanks Chris!!

Hey Chuck... a little blast from the past eh..!! I'm honored a guy of your penmaking ability would value bringing that pen back to life... Actually, it's alive and rattling around in some customers pocket..

Ya, at that time I wasn't into doing full kitless yet... so I used the front section and threaded insert of a black titanium Jr.GentII.

Urushi season is just starting and I'll try to post some pics of some new things I'm working on when they are done. Cheers and Thank you..
You bet Chris....and, don't be surprised if I do it again in the future. :biggrin: The honor is mine. Looking forward to your latest project.

Brooks803

You bet Chris....and, don't be surprised if I do it again in the future. :biggrin: The honor is mine. Looking forward to your latest project.

Me too! :biggrin:

Absolutely sensational pen! Don't think I've seen anything like that in a long time. I hate to sound like a syrupy sweet commenter but that is just remarkable!

Photography is excellent, too.

garypeck

Hey Folks, I know you must be getting tired of all my babbling on about urushi :rolleyes: but this one came out quite nice and just thought I'd share. It's the same color pattern as the last one but I changed the shape a bit and made it a FP. The base is hard maple and then 4 different colors of urushi applied over 12 layers. I finished it with magnolia sumi and micro mesh/olive oil which seems to work just as well as powdered deer horn. It's a challenge but I'm slowly getting there. Tell me what you think.

Cheers, Chris

UruFP1.jpg

UruFP3.jpg

UruFP2.jpg
Hiya Chris, how are you?? It's great to know you're still in the forum.

Gary

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom