Another Fruit tree, what is it...???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi everyone,

This is from another one of the dead fruit trees that my auto-mechanic had in his yard, only this time, he puled if off after it rotted at the base. The tree was small, about 3" at the base and the only thing that was left from it, was the main trunk, with a couple of branches coming off it but have been cut off last year in the hope the shoot but, it didn't because the problem was at the base, just bellow ground level...!

I can tell you that was very hard to cut on the bandsaw (very dense) so, what is it...???

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 100_2867_(1).jpg
    100_2867_(1).jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_2868_(1).jpg
    100_2868_(1).jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_2869_(1).jpg
    100_2869_(1).jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_2870_(1).jpg
    100_2870_(1).jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 101
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timebandit

Hhhmmmmm...............Are you sick George?????.............................1 paragraph and a signature................this is very unlike you................you sure your feeling ok?????..............:biggrin:

Tage

If I guess it, do I win it? It's a little dark for pear -- I'd say peach.
Doug

+1. I vote for peach, looks like the wood from the peach tree I cut down in my yard. Smells great when turning!

robutacion

Hahahahah no, I'm not sick Justin, and while my short post may look strange to you and maybe, many others, this time there is not much of a story to go with it.

He pulled it out, weeks ago and throw it on a pile to be burn, I saw it and removed it before the fire lot lit. I didn't know if I was going to get anything out of it as it look pretty bad but, with a little patience, I got about 20 blanks out of it so, not too bad, considering...!:wink:

The pics you see are all from the same blank, where I took a pic of each face, as I normally do, that's why I number the sides from 1 to 4 so that I can display each face...!

No, is no a pear tree wood, that I can confirm...!:biggrin:

Lets see if anyone else come up with some other possibilities...!:wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

OK, so I can see that no one else is giving any guesses so, time for the correct answer and that is in fact, Peach tree wood...!:wink:

I can see that, some of you guys did recognize it quite well, shame that I didn't have a much bigger and better piece to work with, as a result, not worth it, at the moment to added it to the Timbers list...!:frown:

However, he's got a couple of decent size Peach trees that sooner or latter, will die as they are getting old...!:wink::biggrin:

Not sure what I will do with these blanks yet, I may make a few packs and sell them either here on on eBay but, not sure...!:confused::rolleyes:

Interestingly, many of the non-native tree species when introduced in Australia, have/will developed certain characteristics that, in some cases, makes it almost impossible to compare with the original ones, that has been proven to be the case with many tree species introduce, regardless if fruiting trees or not.

However, there are some of these introduced tree species that maintain, most if not all, the characteristics of its originators, and that appears to be the case with this Peach tree species...!:)

Well done guys...!

Thank you.

Cheers
George

robutacion

It looks like apricot! How did it smell?!

Definitely not Apricot mate, I've been cutting a fair bit of Apricot lately and this wood is miles away from it.

Firstly, is a damn hard thing to cut on the bandsaw unless the blade is brand new and secondly the smell, as most have mentioned, is certainly very different than Apricot.

This Peach tree wood, produce a nice sweet smell as I cut it, then when I took if to the disc sander to sand them down, the wood would burn more than sand so, I had to put a new and courser disc to get the job done...! damn.:frown:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom