Anchorseal vs anchorseal 2 question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

For those of you who have used both, is there a difference in how they perform?

In the past I used another brand of sealer but I need more and Woodcraft has the AS2 on sale this weekend. I read somewhere that as2 doesn't prevent checking as well as the original.

Anyone have any experience with it? I will use it mostly on fresh cut logs that will become bowls.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

This question may have been discussed here already, but know has been covered on other forums as well. Guess depends upon where you live & experience with both AS original or AS 2.

Anchorseal vs. Anchorseal 2

Anchorseal Vs. Anchorseal 2

I have never used the stuff!

Thanks for the response. I was starting to think no one would respond. I had found one of those links on my own but the other is new to me. Thanks.

Dan Masshardt

Anchor seal 2 has quite a few distractirs who claim it's less effective than the original. I had a can of 2 only that was okay but not excellent.

I use and recommend the similar product that craftsupplies sells.

JimB

Anchor seal 2 has quite a few distractirs who claim it's less effective than the original. I had a can of 2 only that was okay but not excellent.

I use and recommend the similar product that craftsupplies sells.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was just looking at that and since I will probably be placing an order with them for a few other things I thought I would give it a try. I was using a Woodcraft product. I wasn't all that happy with it and I don't think they sell it any more.

SDB777

I'm still using latex paint! Then again, I have to when cutting my timber....but I'm running through up to 3 gallons on a jobsite. That much ASeal would cost far too much for lumber sealing.

For just a few blanks that I'm keeping for myself that are super 'special'....I use the original ASeal.

Scott (latex is just as good) B

JimB

I'm still using latex paint! Then again, I have to when cutting my timber....but I'm running through up to 3 gallons on a jobsite. That much ASeal would cost far too much for lumber sealing.

For just a few blanks that I'm keeping for myself that are super 'special'....I use the original ASeal.

Scott (latex is just as good) B

I've heard that latex paint works very well. I don't use it because I seal the wood in my garage or basement and I don't want to get paint in places it doesn't belong. My wife would not be happy. The green wood sealers all clean up easily.

Dan Masshardt

I'm still using latex paint! Then again, I have to when cutting my timber....but I'm running through up to 3 gallons on a jobsite. That much ASeal would cost far too much for lumber sealing. For just a few blanks that I'm keeping for myself that are super 'special'....I use the original ASeal. Scott (latex is just as good) B

If latex is just as good why do you use anchor seal on the special blanks? ;-)

I think the wax sealers are better but paint can surely work.

SDB777

I can see through the ASeal Dan. That's the only difference I've experienced in 150,000bdft of lumber being milled in two years.

Scott (red paint is hard to see through) B

Top Bottom