An addition to my collection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Smitty37

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Our own Maxwell_Smart007 made this clever bottlestopper for me. The antique bottle will be it's new home and it will be among a lot of friends. We have many bird houses. My wife and I are really happy with this. BIRDHOUSE BOTTLE STOPPER BY ANDREW JOLLYMORE 8-8-2012 4-09-18 PM.jpg BIRDHOUSE BOTTLE STOPPER IN ANTIQUE BOTTLE. 8-8-2012 4-07-20 PM.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Glad you liked it, Smitty - it was fun to make...not my specialty at all, but it was a fun challenge.

I just wish I had better woods to have made it from - the poplar is from a dowel from the hardware store, and it was NOT a fun wood to turn - it tore out constantly; but it was the only wood I had of size to make a birdhouse stopper...I'll have to order some more stopper blanks - haven't ordered any since my supplier died in that tragic fire years ago (Dale the Burl Guy)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Glad you liked it, Smitty - it was fun to make...not my specialty at all, but it was a fun challenge.

I just wish I had better woods to have made it from - the poplar is from a dowel from the hardware store, and it was NOT a fun wood to turn - it tore out constantly; but it was the only wood I had of size to make a birdhouse stopper...I'll have to order some more stopper blanks - haven't ordered any since my supplier died in that tragic fire years ago (Dale the Burl Guy)
At he moment it is on the mantle over the fireplace - we are not drinking folks so it is in an antique bottle from my wife's collection.

Top Bottom