Amboyna burl teaser.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

edstreet

__KGrHqF__h0FBIBtytiZBQd0pKlHWw__60_3.JPG

__KGrHqJ__q4F_-hRHibwBQd0pKm3CQ__60_3.JPG

__KGrHqV__rUF_dOz4_13BQd0pLCEMQ__60_3.JPG

This beauty is 10 1/4" in diameter and 3" deep. 247.55 cubic inches, 1.719 board feet.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

Must have cost as much as my truck!! Think about coring it...hate to see to much of that on the floor!

Yes, Am likely going to end up making a curved parting tool in my forge and core this one, I hope. I will feel like crap if all that ended up as shavings on the floor. Rare growth on a rare tree, yea cant let that happen.

PaulDoug

I'm assuming your plan to make a bowl out of the beautiful hunk of wood. The only thing I hate about bowl making is all the wood that is turned in shaving. I hope you have a coring system and can save some of it. Really a lot going on in that chunk. Beautiful!

edstreet

I'm assuming your plan to make a bowl out of the beautiful hunk of wood. The only thing I hate about bowl making is all the wood that is turned in shaving. I hope you have a coring system and can save some of it. Really a lot going on in that chunk. Beautiful!

I currently do not have a coring system but I will be making something that will work.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Check with your local WoodCraft. Our local has the coring system, I am fairly confident they would "do a demo" for me and core that---maybe yours will, too!!

Jim Burr

Banned
Check with your local WoodCraft. Our local has the coring system, I am fairly confident they would "do a demo" for me and core that---maybe yours will, too!!

I think there only 2 people I'd trust coring that...Reed and Baxter...neither are pen guys but can core up a storm!!

edstreet

I did check with woodcraft, closest store is in Atlanta which is about 2 1/2 hours from here. Not that bad really. I checked with CSUSA and they have a system around $250.

Bob Wemm

Hi Ed,
Send it over to me and I will core it for you, in exchange for the centre piece????? of course! That is some beautiful piece fof wood. Half your luck. I can't understand how you guys have all this fabulous wood lying around in your sheds for years. It's like having money in my pocket, it burns a hole if I dont use it.

edstreet

I have a good bit of experience with bowl making so far. When it comes in I will take better photo's and since this is Amboyna the white gloves is coming out for this project. You can rest assured it will not be wasted.

Bowl Slinger

WOW that is gorgeous! I can only imagine the anguish that you are feeling trying to decide on the right thing to use it for.

Top Bottom