Amboyna Burl Shaving Brush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eskimo

eskimo

Well, Anthony inspired me to build a shaving brush. This brush has a 24mm Silvertip knot that I got from Anthony at The Golden Nib. I wish I could remember where I got the Amboyna (I'd like to get a whole lot more).

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Bob

Attachments

• 9506a.jpg
    9506a.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Very nice work. Look in the MVV forum for Nolan, I am sure he has plenty "more" of the Amboyna for sale.

fernhills

Great job, i have fun making those, i just made 3 more last week. Two Amboyna Burl and one Black Cherry. I want to make one out of Alternate Ivory, but i am waiting to figure out how to make the Mach3 razor handle with it. Anthony sells the Mach3 heads at a good price but i don`t know where to get the fitting hardware.

eskimo

Very nice!!! What finish do you use on these that will stand up to water?

Dan

Dan,

As the handle is close to final sanding, I will cover it with thin CA and allow it to absorb into the wood, then final sanding and finish with 5-6 coats of CA/BLO before micromesh & buffing.

eskimo

Great job, i have fun making those, i just made 3 more last week. Two Amboyna Burl and one Black Cherry. I want to make one out of Alternate Ivory, but i am waiting to figure out how to make the Mach3 razor handle with it. Anthony sells the Mach3 heads at a good price but i don`t know where to get the fitting hardware.

Carl,

I had the same question about the Mach 3 and received the following information from RANCHNODINERO, who has a Mach 3 posted in this thread.

"Here is how I did it-if you have square stock, get it round. Once round, drill your hole for the allthread that is needed to hold the shaving head. I drilled mine about an inch deep. Now, here is the trick to getting the nice shape. Work on your curves and at the end with the hole I shaped it down and used the spindle gouge to part it-if that makes sense. Move the tail stock back in and use a live center with a 60 degree point and it goes into the hole, but not with too much pressure. You just want to support it. Work on the rest, sand, finish and part!"

Bob

bitshird

Well, Anthony inspired me to build a shaving brush. This brush has a 24mm Silvertip knot that I got from Anthony at The Golden Nib. I wish I could remember where I got the Amboyna (I'd like to get a whole lot more).

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Bob

I wish you could remember also, I am looking for a piece for the same purpose.

Top Bottom