Amalgam mutt box's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

hello Folks here's some new box's- the blanks are a new size made by IAP's very own elmostro

Burr and resin mix 2.5" wide by 2 3/8" tall
P1070344.jpg

P1070341.jpg

P1070348.jpg

Sky blue resin with acorn husks 2.5" x 2.5"
P1070403.jpg

P1070405.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Now that is very cool! I love turning lidded boxes, although I havnt been turning very long I have done a few and love it, and this is just the coolest thing right here, very unique! As I said I am very new to turning would you mind shareing how you did this? However if you want to keep the process to yourself I fully understand.

dow

George, that's some fine turning. I would be interested in seeing how you're doing it as well. My guess is that it looks more difficult than it is, but I'd still like to see.

Thanks for sharing.

ctubbs

Beautiful! On top of the quality of art work, that color blue is one of my favorites. The casting is outstanding, also. Were the blanks solid inside or were they cast with a void to save the PR? Which ever, the finished product is outstanding.
Charles

Thank you for your kind comments

my box turning method is very similar to Richard Raffan's and various others where the box is chucked 4 times-its a similar process for the mutts- I am doing an article for the U.S woodturning design magazine so The full process will be in there soon hopefully.

Charles: they were cast as solid blocks

David Keller

Lovely pieces... Both of them. Knowing how good the acrylics are for threading, I'd be tempted to make a screw top on a future version. Great job!

PaulDoug

I like them. The blanks are also about the right size for making some wild ornamental bird houses.

Nice turning on those boxes also.

Top Bottom