Aluminum Foil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I recently received some colored foil samples from a local foil factory and have been playing with it. Here are a couple of blanks using some Stars and Stripes foil. The foil is so thin that I have not been able to glue the foil on without getting some crinkles so I did one with a crinkly affect. I prefer the crinkled look. I have three other patterns of foil. What do you think?

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wfsteadman

I like the crinkled effect also, the concern if you were selling them would be if the customer thought it was a defect in the work. I think that could be alleviated by making sure the crinkled effect was included in the advertising or naming of the pens.

magpens

I like the crinkled effect. . In fact, I would deliberately exaggerate the crinkling if you can develop a technique for doing so.

Nice pens !!!!

BTW, what kit are you showing in Post #3 please ? . It seems a little different from the Sierra Click style that I am used to.

Last edited:

Cwalker935

I like the crinkled effect. . In fact, I would deliberately exaggerate the crinkling if you can develop a technique for doing so.

Nice pens !!!!

BTW, what kit are you showing in Post #3 please ? . It seems a little different from the Sierra Click style that I am used to.

That is a Gatsby click

flyitfast

I like the crinkly effect - but then, I'm old and crinkly too!!!
Actually Cody, I think it goes well with the flag, especially the stripes part.
Good job, stumbling on a new idea.
Gordon

Lucky2

Personally, I would like to see two pens of the same type to be used in your comparison. Use two Gatsby or two Cigar type, any style as long as there's two of them. Do one in each of the two different styles, then, put them up for a fair comparison.
Len

Top Bottom