Alumilite dyes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

I bought some alumilite dyes and the black is so thick that it will not even drip from the end of a tooth pick. The other colors are also thick but not quite as bad. Is this normal for the dyes? Or could they have been setting on the shelf for to long? Can they still be used?

Bobby
Louisiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I don't know if it's normal or not but the black I got a few weeks ago is thick as well. Kinda makes mollasses look like water doesn't it!

I was told that you could mix a bit of clear alumilite "A" and that would thin the dye down to a useable viscosity.

Have you called Alumilite to see what they suggest?

bmac

Thanks for the replys. I e-mailed Alumilite but did not hear back from them. Figured with the holidays, I was expecting a lot. Will give them a call tomorrow though to get the lowdown.

Again, thanks for the replys.

Bobby
Louisiana

Texatdurango

Thanks for the replys. I e-mailed Alumilite but did not hear back from them. Figured with the holidays, I was expecting a lot. Will give them a call tomorrow though to get the lowdown.

Again, thanks for the replys.

Bobby
Louisiana
Please post what they have to say. Wouldn't it be odd if there was a bad batch or just old bottles? If you would, also ask them if it's possible to thin with part "A" or something else.

JayDevin

When I bought my first bottle of black, I called. It is normal.
you dont need a lot of black so just dip a stick in it and go.
I have had the same bottle going on a year. The Alumilite dyes can be vivid so
you need to watch the amount you use.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
When I bought my first bottle of black, I called. It is normal.
you dont need a lot of black so just dip a stick in it and go.
I have had the same bottle going on a year. The Alumilite dyes can be vivid so
you need to watch the amount you use.
Same here. I called and they told me to use a stick to get it out, it only takes a small amount to make a deep black resin.

bmac

Thanks for the replies and help. I talked to Alumilite today and they confirmed all of the information y'all gave. They did say that if black was the color that I wanted, to buy the black alumilite to get a consistant color through and through.

Bobby
Louisiana

Top Bottom