Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. Its an Alternate Ivory cap with Logwood Burl lower. The Logwood Burl, a complimentary blank from Exotic Blanks, has a very unique grain and burl pattern that I have never seen before...then again there are a lot of things that I haven't seen before.:rolleyes: Comments and critiques welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman.jpg
    Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 139
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

AWESOME. There are only a handful of "mixed" pens that I have seen that I liked. This is definitely one of them. The colors go together beautifully and the contract in the ivory and wood materials works great as well.

I LIKE IT

terryf

Nice pen Doc! Love the grain as you mentioned and I think its a great choice of plating.

To talk photography, your aperture looks a little low IMO. It looks like you're on f5.6 - f8 judging by the very low depth of field. How about f16 - f22 for photo number 1?
The others are fine because they are on one horizontal plane.

Chances are Im wrong in which case just ignore me :biggrin:

wizard

Nice pen Doc! Love the grain as you mentioned and I think its a great choice of plating.

To talk photography, your aperture looks a little low IMO. It looks like you're on f5.6 - f8 judging by the very low depth of field. How about f16 - f22 for photo number 1?

Terry, You are not wrong at all. :wink: The depth of field is definitely low! The f-stop is f5.6 for all three pictures. I will redid the first one at f18. See how it looks. Thank you for the critique. I really appreciate it!! I have off today so I have time. :biggrin: Regards, Doc P.S. I redid the pictures on the Burls and Swirls II pen...see what you think. I probably need to increase the depth of field on that one also.

Attachments

• Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    Alternate Ivory and Logwood Burl on Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

wizard

Terry, You are not wrong at all. :wink: The depth of field is definitely low! The f-stop is f5.6 for all three pictures. I will redid the first one at f18. See how it looks. Thank you for the critique. I really appreciate it!! I have off today so I have time. :biggrin: Regards, Doc P.S. I redid the pictures on the Burls and Swirls II pen...see what you think. I probably need to increase the depth of field on that one also.

Terry, by the way, I used the macro ring flash for the last picture. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom