Alternate Casein

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it a few AM's ago. Its an Alternate Casein Blank from Exotic Blanks on a Wall Street II Elegant Titanium Gold Click Pen. Thanks for looking! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Doc:)

Attachments

• Alternate Casein Wall Street II Elegant TiGold Click.jpg
    Alternate Casein Wall Street II Elegant TiGold Click.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parson

That's really nice work and excellent photography. Since we're both in Houston, I'd love to see your photo setup. I really need to set up something good for my pens!

wiset1

Beautiful pen! Any issues with cracking? I see in another section of the forum where turners are having slight issues with real Casein cracking on occasion....?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The makeup of alternate casein is similar to the cats.

In over a decade, I have not had a report of cats having any difficulties, so I do not expect any problems with the alt. casein.

Real casein is a natural product, like wood, antler, horn, etc. All of which can crack under the right (or wrong) circumstances. The trick will be learning how to control that tendency, in the real thing. OR using the "plastic" substitute--Alternate casein.

wiset1

Thanks Ed:biggrin:

The makeup of alternate casein is similar to the cats.

In over a decade, I have not had a report of cats having any difficulties, so I do not expect any problems with the alt. casein.

Real casein is a natural product, like wood, antler, horn, etc. All of which can crack under the right (or wrong) circumstances. The trick will be learning how to control that tendency, in the real thing. OR using the "plastic" substitute--Alternate casein.

aggromere

Might as well ask the question here. I have turned quite a few pens from Alt Casein and i really like the way it looks. Most pieces are more symetrical than real casein and dress up just about any pen kit. Since it is a manmade material is there anyway the manufacturer or Ed if he makes them can make an Alt Casein rod, but make it black with gray or red with pink, etc. or whatever the colors would come out to be. I think that would be really sharp looking.

wizard

A wonderful, classy looking pen.
Do you paint the tubes when using casein or alt. casein?

Marla, Sorry for the delay in responding...I usually paint the tubes white. Woodcraft also sells prepainted white tubes for the Navigator and Wall Street II. These will also work with the Baron, Sedona, Sierra or other pens which basically use the same diameter and length of tube. I hope that helps.
Regards, Doc

wizard

Might as well ask the question here. I have turned quite a few pens from Alt Casein and i really like the way it looks. Most pieces are more symetrical than real casein and dress up just about any pen kit. Since it is a manmade material is there anyway the manufacturer or Ed if he makes them can make an Alt Casein rod, but make it black with gray or red with pink, etc. or whatever the colors would come out to be. I think that would be really sharp looking.

Peter, I think that is a cool idea that I've never heard before. The person to ask would be Ed...hope he will recatch this thread or I may PM him
Regards, Doc

Top Bottom