Almost a year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I just did something I haven't done much of in almost a year...

I poured some plastic.:redface:

I also did something I haven't done in about 4-5 years...

The castings were poured in two small slabs. I don't care for this method and probably won't do much more of it.
It's for a special project, so I had to do it that way.

Have them waiting for tomorrow to get popped out after work.

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
They came out of the molds 45 minutes ago.
I'll post a pic tomorrow after I slice them open.
The one is a 5 color pour... looks promising.

DozerMite

Banned
Got an ok pic.

Sorry for the fuzz & stuff on it.

postpic.jpg

Lenny

Looks pretty cool to me!

May I ask why you don't like to pour slabs?
I know there are molds available that will save lots of resin,.... perhaps that is your reason?

DozerMite

Banned
Looks pretty cool to me!

May I ask why you don't like to pour slabs?
I know there are molds available that will save lots of resin,.... perhaps that is your reason?

I like the control I have with my other molds. Pouring slabs, you loose some of that control. I'm not too concerned with saving resin. I don't use any more than any of the molds being sold.

It's more of a preference than anything. I don't like the split colors that come from slabs either.
When you get deeper into casting... you will find what you like to use and a method that best suits you.

But, it's all fun.:wink:

IPD_Mrs

With or without the fuzz, those are just pretty neat looking pours! Like the colors and the swirls. What are they going to be if you don't mind sharing?

DozerMite

Banned
With or without the fuzz, those are just pretty neat looking pours! Like the colors and the swirls. What are they going to be if you don't mind sharing?

It's a long story, but they are for a lady I work with.
She saw a pen that my MIL carries and loved it. She wanted them as close to the pen as possible and to do that meant I had to pour a slab since that's how the original was done.

I asked if she minded that I share her story, so here it is shortened.

This lady(Kim) lost her parents in an accident 25 years ago and her aunt took her in and raised her as her own daughter. She worked two jobs most of the time to ensure Kim had everything a daughter should have and extras. After all, she wanted Kim to have the best, even though that wasn't always the case or even possible, but... she tried very hard.
So, Kim's aunt's birthday and the anniversary of her aunt adopting her are coming up. So Kim wanted to give her aunt a thoughtful gift, not only for her birthday, but as a huge thank you for being there for her through the tough times.
These particular casts are going to be part of a pen, keychain and locket set for Kim's aunt.

This is all a wonderful thing for an aunt to do... take in a niece as a daughter and provide a good life.
But... just a few weeks ago, Kim's aunt called her and said she needed to talk to her. When Kim went over to her aunt's house, her aunt was upset. She said she meant to tell Kim this many times, but thought it should wait until Kim was older. Kim's aunt said that Kim needed to know in case anything ever happened to herself.
So her aunt told her that she isn't really her aunt, but only a close friend to her parents. Her aunt told her that Kim doesn't have any blood relatives and since she loved and respected Kim's parents, she knew she had to fight for Kim.
She told Kim that it wasn't easy, but she managed to gain custody of her and adopted her and she wouldn't change it for anything.

After Kim gives the gift to her aunt, I get to meet her.

I get to meet a woman that changed her life to give a life to a friend.

el_d

Wow, Great "aunt"

and great job with your pours. Im not too keen on the slabs also but I do want to be able to see them.

Top Bottom