All screwy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Have been doing alot of Barons and Jr Gents lately. I have not yet and maybe I should so I will ask the question. When doing kits such as this where there is so many parts that screw into each other do you all lock the threads down or just put the kit together and allow for disassembly later. There are parts like caps that screwed to couplers and nibs that have 3 different pieces that screw together. How is everyone putting kits like this together??? Thanks for the replys.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
After they are assembled, the nib unscrews and the back part unscrews. This way you can chage out the ink and you can also swap the nibs between a fountain and a rollerball setup. I haven't had any come loose yet so I don't lock them down. The pen I carry everyday is a Jr. Gent and it doesn't come apart by itself. I believe you can also swap the back end to make it non posting if you want. I like the fact that they are interchangable.

rjwolfe3

My Baron has loose parts every time I go to use it. Very annoying but I am concerned with putting threadlock on for when I need to change the refill.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
My Baron has loose parts every time I go to use it. Very annoying but I am concerned with putting threadlock on for when I need to change the refill.
Rob, that's why I stopped making Barons. The Jr. Gent seems to be a better made kit in my opinion, plus I like the feel of it better.

bobindayton

Other than the cap try putting a small wrap of teflon plumbers tape on the threads. This might give enough hold that the parts will stay tight and still be removable.

Rollerbob

Yep, had a Baron clipped on my shirt since I didn't have a pocket and next thing I knew parts are swimming around my waistline. Thank goodness I had my shirt tucked!!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I think I just ordered my first Jr Gent from Dawn so I will see how I like it.
I think you are going to find it to be a vast improvement. I have a few Barons left in my inventory, but I am not going to make them until they are requested and then I will modify them to work properly.

esears

I ran into the same problem and won't be making Barons anymore. A customer lost the endcap and now I will be out the entire kit since I can't find individual parts :/

Top Bottom