Airbrushed Toothpick Holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
This months chapter challenge was toothpick holders. Made two styles, one goblet style with captured ring and one that lifts the toothpicks when the lid is lifted.

The cherry goblet style has traditional hot-rod flames

The white oak lidded style has my first attempt at ghost flames. Depending on the angle viewed the iridescent flames can be vivid or almost vanish.

Both are finished with Minwax lacquer

Also an American Sweet Gum bowl finished with EM6000 waterborne lacquer. This is the first time I've finished this wood with no oil. I think I prefer the darker look of oil first with a bind coat of shellac before the lacquer.

Attachments

• Toothpick Holder 01.jpg
    Toothpick Holder 01.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Toothpick Holder 02d.jpg
    Toothpick Holder 02d.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Sweet Gum 05.jpg
    Sweet Gum 05.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 152
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all

Clapiana - I use an Iwata HP-CS airbrush, but any decent gravity feed dual action airbrush would be fine. For both projects I used Golden Transparent Acrylic Airbrush Colors (Hansa Yellow Light and Napthol Red Light). For the ghost flames I used a base of Iridescent Pearl to form the shape of the flames then did a yellow to red fade.

Woodlvr

ERIC- You are such a SHOW-OFF!:wink: I love that toothpick holder-it makes mine look like a black and white picture compared to yours. That is great work and thanks for showing us your great work. I bet that I would even have trouble trying to sell something like that around my area-everyone wants to be taught how to do it for themselves-for free of course. :frown:

Grizz

Banned
I love that bowl! I'm a naturalist.... but keep my clothes on.

Top Bottom