A word of warning for the membership

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This is a cautionary tale. If you frighten easy, skip the rest of this message.

I met Jeff Brown in person today. He's in my area attending his daughter's engagement party. We selected a neutral site...Starbucks.

I drove away from my house this morning expecting to spend 30-45 minutes with super-geek. Was I ever wrong!

We didn't use geek-speak at all. We talked about family and firends. Woodworking and penturning. Jobs. Loves. Hobbies. After 2-hours, which passed as fast as greased lightning, I wish we had had more time to visit.

So, some of you are probably asking, what is the word of warning?

Well, if you ever plan on visiting with Jeff, do not kid yourself about 30 minutes. Jeff is as warm, personable and kind as anyone I know. He is well-versed across a multitude of subjects. If you get to spend time visiting with Jeff, barter for at least 2 hours. And, like me, start planning for the next time.

Thank you, Jeff. I truly enjoyed our coffee and chat. Have a safe journey home.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Lou ...... I found your post to be really interesting. It's always special to meet an "online" pal for the first time in flesh and blood.

Was there any discussion regarding Cav's outrageous behavior in IAP??? Did you guys reach a final decision about allowing him to continue as a member????

One last question ... are there pictures of this momentous event? If there aren't pictures .... well, you know what Eagle always said.

drayman

lou, i know exactly what you mean, last year we uk members had a get together and i thought that the lads would be very posh and stuck up,especialy from down south. but it goes to show how wrong we can be. i was very pleasantly suprised, a great bunch of lads that was like me. down to earth. and some of us phone each other on a regular basis.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Lou ...... I found your post to be really interesting. It's always special to meet an "online" pal for the first time in flesh and blood.

Was there any discussion regarding Cav's outrageous behavior in IAP??? Did you guys reach a final decision about allowing him to continue as a member????

One last question ... are there pictures of this momentous event? If there aren't pictures .... well, you know what Eagle always said.

Doc - The pink uniform is part of the "Cav Rehab Program". It is hoped that this will help him get in touch with his softer side.

As for pictures. don't you think I've damaged enough psyches between the Chicago and DC show photos and "nip cam"? :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sounds like a great time!!

I have been fortunate enough to meet Lou (DCBluesman) in person, a couple times.

I really look forward to having the chance to meet our benevolent dictator!!!!

So, Whenyagonnabein Chicaaaaagggooo, Jeff?????

Top Bottom