A Twisted Swap?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

winpooh498

I have seen several pen swaps and they are fun, but I thought about a little twist on the swap. What about doing a blank swap? I was thinking something along the lines of 2 groups, one group a minimum of 5 blanks and the other group a full flat rate envelop. The materials can be anything that can be made into a pen: plastics, antler, wood, etc......
Another twist that could make it more interesting is for it to be a surprise, as in you don't know who you are sending the blanks to, or receiving them from until you get them. But I'm not sure how I could get that done, with out everyone sending me their addresses and then I forward them on, with out including names. But could a package be delivered with out a name???
Any suggestions???
What do you think? If there is enough interest I would be willing to organize it.

mrcook4570

There was a blank swap a couple of years ago. I am not 100% sure who the organizer was, but possibly Jonathan. If I am wrong, I do apologize to whoever ran it. Do a search and email the organizer of the previous one to see if they have any tips to offer.

THarvey

I like the idea. Count me in.

I suggest that you coordinate the matches, using IAP user names. Then let the matched pairs contact each other for mailing information.

I do not think the surprise mailing is a good method. If for some reason a participant does not receive an envelop, he/she does not know who to contact.

alphageek

Former Moderator
This could be cool.. I like surprises (in the blank sense).. However, I agree matching pairs and letting them work out shipping addresses would still be best.

Jarheaded

I would like to see one possibly done with locally found wood. We do get different types of wood in different areas of the world. But I would be in either way or both. Flat rate envelopes are only that price in the US, not world wide and this is international.
Johnnie

I bet you could work it so that if everyone uses an anonymous email address as their registration (gmail, yahoo, etc) and send to "the organizer" from that and what they are interested in (found wood, flat rate, five blanks, whatever) then it would almost be double blind when the matches are made ..

TO : Recipent #123, 456 main st, othertown, USA

seems fun to me ... and it would be quick too .. no Micromesh or Beall Buffing .. :D

Hello

I'm kind of on board with Jarheaded......who would want some nice Aroostic County Maine oak?....and though evergreens are difficult to turn, they can look very interesting! I have some 150yr old spruce that I occasionally angle-cut and turn.

winpooh498

It seems to me that there is enough interest to do a blank swap. Shipping internationally is a little more expensive. Here is the costs from the USPS.com. If you are interested in swapping with someone internationally, let me know and I will try my best to match you up with someone. As of right now I know that 2 people would be willing to do an overseas swap.

Envelopes
• Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelopes can be used for both domestic and international shipping:

â€" Available anywhere in the U.S. for $4.60

â€" One rate to Canada and Mexico for $9.00

â€" One rate to all other countries for $11.00

*4 pound maximum for international shipments
• The dimensions of the envelope are 12 1/2" X 9 1/2".
• The contents of the flat rate envelope must be confined within the envelope, using the flap adhesive as the primary means of closure.
• The flap must close easily, adhere to the envelope and may be secured with tape if desired.
• The design and shape of the envelope may not be altered or enlarged in any way to fit the contents.

The swap should include:

One flat rate envelope

This could include woods, plastics, antler etc......

Once matches are made, please contact your match and decide if there is a particular way you want to select your offerings.

I will leave this open until Thursday January 31. I will get the matches posted on Friday February 1.

Here is a list of interested participants so far. If you have said you want on the list and don't see you name please let me know.

winpooh498

doddman70

Varinokid

follow3

badger

fafow

LandfillLumber

THarvey

alphageek

GBusardo

GoodTurns

Harheaded

Hello

rlharding

mesquiteguy

ozmandus

Mather323

SteveH

JerrySambrook

Scotty

Rochester

IPD_Mrs

Everytime I glance at this thread subject I read "Twisted Sap" and click on the thread to read about Cav. And everytime I am disappointed.[:0]

Mike

rlharding

I have no problem at all swapping with someone internationally. I don't know if we have something like your flat rate envelopes, I usually receive blanks not mail them.

What number of 3/4 x 3/4 x 5,6 blanks would typically fit in a flat rate envelope so I can put the same number in whatever I find?

doddman70

Originally posted by winpooh498

It seems to me that there is enough interest to do a blank swap. Shipping internationally is a little more expensive. Here is the costs from the USPS.com. If you are interested in swapping with someone internationally, let me know and I will try my best to match you up with someone. As of right now I know that 2 people would be willing to do an overseas swap.

Envelopes
• Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelopes can be used for both domestic and international shipping:

â€" Available anywhere in the U.S. for $4.60

â€" One rate to Canada and Mexico for $9.00

â€" One rate to all other countries for $11.00

*4 pound maximum for international shipments
• The dimensions of the envelope are 12 1/2" X 9 1/2".
• The contents of the flat rate envelope must be confined within the envelope, using the flap adhesive as the primary means of closure.
• The flap must close easily, adhere to the envelope and may be secured with tape if desired.
• The design and shape of the envelope may not be altered or enlarged in any way to fit the contents.

The swap should include:

One flat rate envelope

This could include woods, plastics, antler etc......

Once matches are made, please contact your match and decide if there is a particular way you want to select your offerings.

I will leave this open until Thursday January 31. I will get the matches posted on Friday February 1.

Here is a list of interested participants so far. If you have said you want on the list and don't see you name please let me know.

winpooh498

doddman70

Varinokid

follow3

badger

fafow

LandfillLumber

THarvey

alphageek

GBusardo

GoodTurns

Harheaded

Hello

rlharding

mesquiteguy

ozmandus

Mather323

SteveH

JerrySambrook

Scotty

Rochester

bump

Celt40

Count me in if i am not too late.
Can i get the details of the swap again. Not very clear what is happening.

Top Bottom