a little non-turning fun...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkHix

I spent some time Saturday riding in the Hotter 'n Hell bike ride in Wichita Falls, Tx yesterday. It lived up to it's name! We were not racing, just riding and only did the 25 mile ride this year. My old brother rode with me and we had a great time just riding along and talking. The rest stop about 20 miles in is run by Shephard AFB and they do it pretty good.....besides the usual water/sports drinks/fruits, they had cookies....peanut butter, oatmeal chocolate chip, snickerdoodles....they tasted fresh from the oven but it might have just been that it was hot outside. After the rest stop, they lined the roadway and cheered just like we were in the Tour de France.

This is a big charity event for the people in the area and it takes alot of people to put on a ride for 13,000 riders. The last photo is how they mix poweraide....trashcans and canoe paddles....the girls looked like they were having fun.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 120

randywa

My son-in-law and his brother drove down from Mo. to ride in it. I guess there are several from around here that go every year.

Top Bottom