Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
...Another small Aussie Birdie!

Pardalote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Body: She/Bull Oak #14 (Robutacion)
Cap: Silky Oak #51 (Robutacion)

There were several large cracks in the body, which I find appealing... But these went clear through. I filled with Gold embossing powder and CA. Didn't turn out too bad.

Yup, C & C just fine!

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 149
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

...Another small Aussie Birdie!

Pardalote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Body: She/Bull Oak #14 (Robutacion)
Cap: Silky Oak #51 (Robutacion)

There were several large cracks in the body, which I find appealing... But these went clear through. I filled with Gold embossing powder and CA. Didn't turn out too bad.

Yup, C & C just fine!

Great wood combinations, is always so pleasing to see, anything made with my woods...!

You may want to start making these bird houses for sale somewhere, I have lots of wood here, that you have never saw/worked with and that, have the right characteristics you need for this type of piece, distance makes things a little difficult and I would love that you were a lot closer to us but that, won't stop me from making sure you try all of them, more than once...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: That Silky-Oak can produce amazing chatoyance, huh...??

Cheers
George

Ed McDonnell

There is something about the shape of these that is very appealing to me. Really nice. You must be closing in on some kind of record for turning birdhouses.:)

Ed

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
There is something about the shape of these that is very appealing to me. Really nice. You must be closing in on some kind of record for turning birdhouses.:)

Ed

They are fun to make!

No record here... I just post too often!

Shape... Still experimenting, but getting closer to a final sizing that I like. It all changes depending on the body size, cap size, etc... I think I like about 50% of what I have done, but it's all for fun... so I can be picky!

After 45 of these... Pens are looking mighty nice!!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
You may want to start making these bird houses for sale somewhere, I have lots of wood here, that you have never saw/worked with and that, have the right characteristics you need for this type of piece, distance makes things a little difficult and I would love that you were a lot closer to us but that, won't stop me from making sure you try all of them, more than once...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: That Silky-Oak can produce amazing chatoyance, huh...??

Cheers
George[/QUOTE]

Hi Mate:... For sale...??? I'm too busy with family requests/sales! These are a lot of fun, but are time-comsuming (for me...).

... George, I've got timber for the next 2 years..:tongue::eek:

And yes... The Silky Oak is amazing with the chatoyance. I turned another blank with Osage Orange that also has a nice shimmer, but the Silky Oak was very fine!

Be well!

Mark

Top Bottom