A handy way to use up some of your scraps!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

I looked at these several years ago when I was interested in starting a small nursery business. The bottom of the tamper is made to match the base unit that is shown. Wrap a couple of newspaper strips about 2 - 3 inches wide around the tamper. Fold the edges over at the bottom and press onto the base. This forms a crimp/crease that holds the paper together. The result is a small paper cup that you can start seeds in.

Paul in AR

Randy_

Originally posted by pssherman<br />.....The bottom of the tamper is made to match the base unit that is shown.....

Paul: Not quite sure I understand?? Is the profile of the bottom of the tamper identical to the profile of the base or exactly opposite to it?? IE, when looking at the tamper from the bottom end, is the central area raised or depressed.....I suspect the latter. Thanks. Randy

low_48

I wonder who came up with that name? Pot maker? I bet some google searches that may have been headed for hemp shows up on that site!![:D][:D]

pssherman

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
Originally posted by pssherman<br />.....The bottom of the tamper is made to match the base unit that is shown.....

Paul: Not quite sure I understand?? Is the profile of the bottom of the tamper identical to the profile of the base or exactly opposite to it?? IE, when looking at the tamper from the bottom end, is the central area raised or depressed.....I suspect the latter. Thanks. Randy
Randy,
Your suspicions are correct, looking at the bottom of the tamper there would be a depression. The tamper and the base have a fairly close fit, just enough of a gap for several layers of newspaper to fit in.

Paul in AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom