A flail for less than 75 cents...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

380462_272555956137810_100001502242963_740455_932843423_n.jpg

I like making all kinds of toys, and with this one I figured I'd find a way to make a non-lethal self defense tool for less than 75 cents. Most of it should be self explanatory. The handle came from a glider rocker that the kids tore up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I can see that being lethal in about 12 ways....2 of which aren't very pretty:eek:

I've never had good luck with drilling golf balls....

Scott (did he say drillling balls) B

DMGill

I like making all kinds of toys, and with this one I figured I'd find a way to make a non-lethal self defense tool for less than 75 cents. Most of it should be self explanatory. The handle came from a glider rocker that the kids tore up.

This is a toy!?

I have a son (now 22 y/o) who, at any age, would have found several ways to make something like that lethal! And not in self defense!

Drstrangefart

This is a toy!?

I have a son (now 22 y/o) who, at any age, would have found several ways to make something like that lethal! And not in self defense!

To be fair, almost anything can be made lethal. It was made with a clear goal of applying plenty of non-lethal force. And as I'm an adult and wind up in extremely few fights, it's relegated to toy status.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Personally, I think you should cut the strap through the middle and chuck the whole thing in the bin. That way, the kids won't play with that 'Toy' and really hurt themselves. :wink:

Drstrangefart

Personally, I think you should cut the strap through the middle and chuck the whole thing in the bin. That way, the kids won't play with that 'Toy' and really hurt themselves. :wink:

The kids aren't even allowed to touch stuff like that. I also make throwing stars, miniature swords, machetes, all kindsa fun stuff.

DMGill

Oh, THAT kind of "toy"! Sorry, I (and apparently others) automatically thought of kids. Must be the grandma in me (or the mother of boys). I'm sure every adult has "toys" that kids aren't allowed to touch.

Interesting way to re-purpose a piece of wood.

Fred

Strange things come forth from over yonder in Roswell. (I trust y'all is Southern and understand "yonder'?)

Once worked a serious injury case where this dude hit himself "down there' :eek: with something very similar and he danged near died from the massive swelling. At least you can report the use of your arm after and an hour and a half ... he couldn't walk for weeks... and then not in a straight line! :crying: From what I remember his wife was mad as all get out with him! Gee, I wonder why...? BTW, I trust you have great dental insurance that is up to date!! :frown:

Drstrangefart

Strange things come forth from over yonder in Roswell. (I trust y'all is Southern and understand "yonder'?)

Once worked a serious injury case where this dude hit himself "down there' :eek: with something very similar and he danged near died from the massive swelling. At least you can report the use of your arm after and an hour and a half ... he couldn't walk for weeks... and then not in a straight line! :crying: From what I remember his wife was mad as all get out with him! Gee, I wonder why...? BTW, I trust you have great dental insurance that is up to date!! :frown:

I can imagine. No need for the dental insurance. They all gotta go, anyways. I'm pretty careful with it myself. I traded reach and raw power for control with it as much as possible.

Top Bottom