a few new mutt box's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

hello folks

I've gone all "Amalgam mutty" just lately and have turned 15 box's here's a few of them
there will be an article in a future edition of Woodturning design on how i make these, for those of you who fancy having a go. I'm not sure which issue yet but its all done from my end and in the hands of the editorial team now.

A Jigsaw with red/purple blue resin
P1080043.jpg

P1080048.jpg

Burl bits in cancun colours- how may types of burl can you spot?
P1080006.jpg

P1080010.jpg

ozzy burl
P1080037.jpg

P1080040.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Mighty fine turning(s) shown here. This post certainly contains a big "WOW!" factor! Great job making this selection of artworks!

greggas

George;

Nice work as always. I have purchased several of thes from Eugene as well and have started turning ( In fact I have 3 pre sold before they are finished so i better stop typing and get to work on them:)). I was wondering how you finished them. Did yo go the CA route?

thanks

Oh, by the way you did a great job as always

Thank you

there too big for CA Greg and you wouldint get a good fit on the lid tenon with CA.
There's a few techniques you can use- the simplest is to sand to 800 dry and then apply lemon oil (wipe on wipe off) to bring out the wood- then U-beauts EEE to remove any minor scratch marks then ren wax to potect.
the EEE can be used on the inside with a paper towel but on teh outside its more effective if you have a looseleaf mop.
If you cant get EEE then you can use normal tripoli in bar forms on mops- the downside of teh bar form tripoli is having to mix it with your own paste wax to allow you to use it inside where a mop cant reach.
hope this helps
George

Top Bottom