A Fellow Pen Maker could use your help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Done...with pleasure Andy! :biggrin:

Thanks Dawn! You will notice some casein (my bread and butter), ebonite, bakelite, phesant feathers from your partner artist John Underhill, some "Exotic" Ivory and last but not least, The "Rainbow at Dawn" named for the unique blank that you created!

Thanks for all of the wonderful materials and all of the support from Exotics!

Win, lose or draw, many of my creations would not be possible without the full support of the IAP and Exotic Blanks!

Last edited:

kevrob

Vote cast! I should have had you recommend the other categories as to who to vote for there too! I will vote again from home tonight for ya...

PenMan1

Thanks Kevin and Lee!

Lee. This one is my favorite, simply because it got cast five times and made five trips to the lathe. It's like family to me. It's called "Sweet Beach Music"....But "Fire and Rain", our first cast together is my next favorite. I gotta get my camera Fixed!

Last edited:

bitshird

Done and I do hope you win and yes I did sell a few to some of your great neighbors, it was a great show, so now you not only have Armadillos to worry about, with a bunch of woodchucks running loose in Georgia them pretty pine trees better make them self's scarce....
Beautiful place that Unicoi lodge.

JohnU

You got my vote Andy, Good Luck! and I love the look you got on that half hen jr gent. Great job!

Attachments

• MEADOWS1_edited-1.jpg
    MEADOWS1_edited-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 90

PenMan1

You got my vote Andy, Good Luck! and I love the look you got on that half hen jr gent. Great job!

That pen is a GOLDMINE! I feel like I should send you some more money. That combination of your feathers and my "luxury precious resin- (hey, Mt. Blanc calls it that, why can't I ?) is a HOMERUN here! Let me know when you are ready!

JohnU

That pen is a GOLDMINE! I feel like I should send you some more money. That combination of your feathers and my "luxury precious resin- (hey, Mt. Blanc calls it that, why can't I ?) is a HOMERUN here! Let me know when you are ready!

LOL! Im glad it worked out for you. It looks GREAT! I should be caught up in about two weeks but when you know what your wanting, let me know.

PenMan1

LOL! Im glad it worked out for you. It looks GREAT! I should be caught up in about two weeks but when you know what your wanting, let me know.

EXPECT A CALL ON OCT 10! Thanks John!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andy,

John would love to help you, but he doesn't have TIME!!

We only need about 5000 feathers between now and Christmas (conservative estimate, of course!!):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

moke

Andy---
Thanks for posting some photos!! Nice pens!! You are very deserving...I voted for you some time ago, but I have 6 computers at my store, and several at the Dept.....they all have a different IP address correct? I'll give them all a shot!!!

Good Luck!!!!
Mike aka: Moke
Oh...and you still owe me that Jack!!!

PenMan1

Thanks to all who voted. The votes will be tallied on October 8, 2010 and the results announced on October 11, 2010.

Thanks Again!

Dudley Young

I have been nominated as 2010 "Artist of the Year" by Lake Oconee Living Magazine. This is the first time in the history of the magazine that a pen maker (or ANY woodworker for that matter) has even been nominated for this award.

The contest is decided by votes on the their website. Even if I win, the only prize is a framed certificate "Best Artist " and an article about my penmaking in their magazine (it is a slick, glossy, local publication that IS read worldwide). I doubt I'll win, but I don't see how an article about penmaking in a publication outside of "woodworking" magazines could hurt our cause.

To vote, go to thier website http://www.lakeoconeelivingmag.com and vote for Andy Little under Best Artist. They ask for you name, e-mail address, but you don't have to give them.

Thanks! Attached is a sample of some of my work....many parts and pieces supplied by vendors here!
Done. Good luck.

Top Bottom