A Fellow Pen Maker could use your help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I have been nominated as 2010 "Artist of the Year" by Lake Oconee Living Magazine. This is the first time in the history of the magazine that a pen maker (or ANY woodworker for that matter) has even been nominated for this award.

The contest is decided by votes on the their website. Even if I win, the only prize is a framed certificate "Best Artist " and an article about my penmaking in their magazine (it is a slick, glossy, local publication that IS read worldwide). I doubt I'll win, but I don't see how an article about penmaking in a publication outside of "woodworking" magazines could hurt our cause.

To vote, go to thier website http://www.lakeoconeelivingmag.com and vote for Andy Little under Best Artist. They ask for you name, e-mail address, but you don't have to give them.

Thanks! Attached is a sample of some of my work....many parts and pieces supplied by vendors here!

Attachments

• MEADOWS1_edited-1.jpg
    MEADOWS1_edited-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 209
  • The Gang.jpg
    The Gang.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Ol Worthless.jpg
    Ol Worthless.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Ebonite_Ivory.jpg
    Ebonite_Ivory.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Fire and Rain.jpg
    Fire and Rain.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

PenMan1

Here is my personal favorite...and another way to do seashells. Sorry for the crappy photos. The camera is on the blink again.

Attachments

• Blue Sea Shells.jpg
    Blue Sea Shells.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 259

hanau

Andy, could you provide a direct link to the voting page? I could not find it at the link you posted.

At least I wasn't the only one.
Is it the link at the top of the page that says vote now? If so it doesn't show any of the artwork of the other contestants.

glycerine

Do they not have pictures of your art and the other artists on the site? I would like to actually see examples of everyone's art before voting.

PenMan1

Andy, could you provide a direct link to the voting page? I could not find it at the link you posted.

At least I wasn't the only one.
Is it the link at the top of the page that says vote now? If so it doesn't show any of the artwork of the other contestants.

No, they don't show any of the artwork. That's the reason I put a few thumbnails at the bottom of the post. I really wish they would. I'd like to know what I'm competing against!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Andy

First, CONGRATULATIONS!

Second, I cast my vote.

Third, I would love to see the article, so if you want, send me a PM and I would love for you to send one of the magazines to me, or bring one to the next meeting!

GO ANDY GO!!!!

kinggabby

Do you have to vote for everything else or can someone just vote for you ( not fair to other people or businesses if I don't know them if I have to pick at random) ?

PenMan1

You can just make one vote. In reality, all of those in all the nominated categories are deserving. That is why I'm so proud to be included in this group of talented people.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gee,
Should help a few other places too, Andy!!

You could assist a "bar-b-que-er" or "dentist" (Cav wasn't nominated):mad::mad: or even a boat seller???

Oh, well, I voted--with the number of candidates, your chances should be pretty good, if you can get about 100 votes from IAP:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Good Luck!!!

PenMan1

Thanks Ed...
You may notice that some of the work is from casein, ebonite, bakelite, feathers, a "Rainbow Dawn" and someTritions. Recon where a fellow could pick up some of the materials? :).

PenMan1

Thanks Cindy. It really isn't a big deal, BUT it could get some notice for penmakers everywhere.

Even if people just realize that a skew can be as much of an "artist's tool" as a paint brush...we have advanced our art!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andy,

If you EVER want to get into a bigger show---"So and so's Artist of the Year" will open a lot of previously-closed doors.

PenMan1

Thanks Russell! I know those "family folks" of yours and your cousin, Lamar, should have been nominated for his work! He is indeed the Picaso of the concrete pump truck! He's the only concrete guy here that I trust with my projects...He really is the best!

Padre

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, let us know when you win!!!:biggrin:

PenMan1

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, let us know when you win!!!:biggrin:

The ONLY way that I can win is through the IAP's Marine-like attitude of protecting their own. It is more of a "popularity" contest than anything else.

Without a brick and mortar facility, the odds are stacked against me. But any good press that I can get will only help advance penmaking as an art form.

Win or Lose... I just hope our art is positively represented.

Top Bottom