A couple of Triton Rollerballs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
attachment.php

Dyed and stabilized (with Cactus Juice) Yellow Birch Burl plated in Ti. Gold with Chrome accents.
attachment.php

Dyed and stabilized (with Cactus Juice) Yellow Birch Burl as well, plated in Chrome with Ti. Gold accents.

Finished with approx. 6/8 coats of thin CA which was allowed to cure overnight, and then sanded back with well used 600 grit AO paper. Buffing with Formax buffing compounds completed the finishing process.

The blue one sold first time out:biggrin:, the red one is still in waiting!

Attachments

• 772 (Small).jpg
    772 (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 771 (Small).jpg
    771 (Small).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 347
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Nice work Mack but I've gotta ask 'where are the Mackfinials'?

Michael
Hi Michael; I know! :biggrin:I just thought the finials on the Triton go with the hardware so nicely that it would be a shame to get rid of them. Next time maybe, or probably maybe not!

I have a couple of Jr. Gents with the ugly black finial, those will be replaced for sure with Mackfinials! :laugh:

jttheclockman

As always Mack, nice work. I agree sometimes the final with the kit fits the pen just right and even on the Jr Gents and Barons. I like the black cap especially because I use alot of black acrylics and ebony woods in my pens.
'
Keep them coming.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Nice job on the dying those are just beautiful.
Thanks for the last part of your comment, Mike!

I didn't mean to imply that I dyed and stabilized the blanks. If I recall correctly, the blanks were mine, but my good friend Dave Bell (Bellsy) dyed and stabilized them for me.

I did choose the hardware, turn them, and finished them, and eventually took their their picture though!

Top Bottom