A Change of Pace

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimBobTucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTucson

At my last show, I had a number of inquiries for desk sets, letter openers, and such. The only things I had to show them were a letter opener that was left over from a busted set, and some hastily done photos. So, I picked out a couple nice desk set kits from PSI. This one is their "Segmented" Desk Set. I completed it with Bocote, Birds Eye Maple, and Amboyna, and finished it with BLO/CA. The display case also came from PSI and makes for a handsome display.

200811855137_DeskSet006_640x426.jpg

200811855155_DeskSet002_640x426.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

Nice to see others doing this as well. I made up 3 sets like this for xmas and with the results I can't quite figure out why I have not made sets like that before.

You have a nice blend going on with this set and it's quite appealing and pleasing to the eye.

Ed

louisbry

Nice looking set and presentation box. The wood choices really give it a classy look. What platings does the segmented desk set come in?

JimBobTucson

The only plating offered on this kit is 24k, other then that, I am very pleased with the kit's quality. All the fitting are very "beefy". The blade is stout and surprisingly sharp (don't ask me how I know this [;)]). The magnifying lens is actually glass, and fastens quite firmly to the handle. I have paid much more for kits with plastic lens and blades that you would be afraid to use for fear of bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom