A Black Tie Affair: Modified Elegant Le Roi with Glacier White Cor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ghostrider

ghostrider

Some time ago, I purchase a bunch of Solid Surface material from Jason (JAZNCARR). Among the various pieces I ordered was a 3/4" piece of Glacier White. He described it as, "White, with light streaks of blue."

He was right about one thing. The blue streaks are very light. So much so that I had difficulty capturing them on digital. They are a very subtle part of the material that provides a hint of contrast.

I broke the clip the first time I tried to use this set on a previous blank, so I had originally decided to go clip-less with this one. However, Buzzzz4 managed to find a VERY nice clip that he modified to fit. (We don't know where this clip came from, so if anyone has any idea.) During modification (read Dremmel), he discovered that he didn't grind through plating to any "underneath", so we don't know if this isn't stainless, chrome, or whatever. Anyways, we looked a few other clips, and when he pulled this one out we both knew it was the right one. I think it fits this set very well.

This was a difficult pen for me to shoot due to the white blank, so apologies for the bad pics.

Thanks for looking, any comments or critiques welcome.

Attachments

• DSCN1113 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1113 (Medium).JPG
    59 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN1129 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1129 (Medium).JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN1132 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1132 (Medium).JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN1135 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1135 (Medium).JPG