75 CAL pen??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wjskip

wjskip

Would have been a pen if i could have found a refill that would fit. The carrage is leftover pen blank material- red and white oak.
Would function with a light charge and a touch hole. All in all it makes a lot of noise and even more smoke.

2008228235248_200802280002.jpg

200822823543_200802280003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

Very nice work.

As for the right size refill, I think with a good deal of thought it could be done with either the cross or parker refills. I've successfully made pens using the 50 cal, 25mm, and 30mm casings with both types of refills. It just takes some thinking and experimenting to come up with a solution. Oh, and a good bit of patience. Don't be afraid of mistakes, learn from them instead. See the quote below.

Rifleman1776

Cute. But would not "function" safely. The trunnions are not fastened and the breech is not supported. Shooting that would be dangerous. If you want more cannon shooting and safety information, write me off forum. Use that as a decorator piece. Nothing more.

wjskip

It should be noted that what Frank says is 100% correct. As shown the laws of physics would become quickly and painfully aparent. I should have added the standard disclaimer "dont try this at home even with adult supervision.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by wjskip

It should be noted that what Frank says is 100% correct. As shown the laws of physics would become quickly and painfully aparent. I should have added the standard disclaimer "dont try this at home even with adult supervision.

Thanks. Most here know me as a bit of an eccentric. But, when it comes to firearms, especially cannon, safety, I am a total nut. I collect miniature cannons and have one 250 year old signal cannon, the rest are repros. I do shoot two of them and have read extensively on the subject.

rhahnfl

Nice job Bill. My uncle made a cannon with some guys he worked with during their lunch break on second shift years ago and shot a flaming softball a long distance into a corn field. Worked so well they promptly spiked it lest it get used again... kind of a sixties version of scared straight I guess. :D Nowadays you'd more than likely get slapped with some huge weapons charge.

Top Bottom