$47,000 Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

arehrlich

There have been a lot of posts to this site about the venerable fountain pen and how well they might be selling and for how much.

Well guys and gals, in today's LA Times there is a story about the new Wynn Las Vegas resort, and on its first day of business a fountain pen was sold for $47,000! Apparently the Wynn caters to those folks who we need to get to know.

I wonder what wood it was turned from.[?]

Was it a Baron? or a Gentleman's pen?:)

What I really wonder is how to break into this market. :D

Just a pen or two a year.... kinda makes me smile.:)

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arehrlich

Just checked the Namiki site. The most expensive pen listed is their emporer collection - @ 8500. Nowhere near the $47,000. http://www.namiki.com/Emperor.pdf

Now what wood did they use.... ??? [:D]

Alan

rtgleck

Looks like the stores called W.Ink. Can't really get anything more than that, but a friend of mine is going out there in a week or two. Will see if she can pick up a pamphlet or something. Gotta have details you know.

Daniel

After kooking at teh $14,000 pen I see what are problem is. we've been covering up the brass with wood. taking $13,950 of value right out of our line up.

Daniel

Did some more poking around the $14.000 pen site. found this.
http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATES/PRODUCT/Product.asp?Params=category=18-116|pageid=1932|level=2-3|special=related|Lnk=Txt
anyone up to a Bulk Buy on these? and this is marked down to less than half price at $679

arehrlich

Wow - I like the Levenger display case. Now wouldn't that make a nice display at an art fair?

With a case, wrapped in fine Italian calfskin, we should be able to ask at least $47,000 for our pens.[^]

jdavis

I must be in the wrong part of the US. What I could do with just one are two sales in this range. RETIRE and spend most of my time turning. Wouldn't that be great?

woodscavenger

Did you say Vegas? It must be part of a money laundering scheme.[:D] Like it was said before, it was probalby just a lowly acrylic slimline.[^][;)][:eek:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom