3 Questions about HF Powder Coat System

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Just got a HF powder coater :) . I've now successfully coated 7 tubes :) .

1) How in the world do you clean the gun enough to change colors (e.g. I've done black, now want to do clear?

2) Do you use the HF powder containers on the gun or pour into the gun's containers (even brand new ones?)

3) How do you keep powder out of the inside of the tube and still get electrical connection? or do you?

Thanks
Tom

rherrell

Just got a HF powder coater :) . I've now successfully coated 7 tubes :) .

1) How in the world do you clean the gun enough to change colors (e.g. I've done black, now want to do clear?
Blow it out with compressed air. Don't forget to remove the little screw on the bottom.

2) Do you use the HF powder containers on the gun or pour into the gun's containers (even brand new ones?)
It doesn't matter, they are the same. BUT, I wouldn't use the HF powders on anything but tubes, they're not very good. Columbia Coatings has the best powders AND technical help, IMHO.

3) How do you keep powder out of the inside of the tube and still get electrical connection? or do you?
Don't worry about it. A little will get in but you can clean it out with a chainsaw file.

Thanks
Tom

http://store.columbiacoatings.com/ Try these guys for all your powder. Call them if you have ANY questions, they're MORE than happy to help!!!:wink:

Top Bottom