3 new boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fay Prozora

Very nice group of boxes there. I have been on a box making kick also. I made a few and they all turned out pretty good. Your are great.. Fay

thewishman

Nice boxes, George.:)

Hey there was a guy using your account to post pictures of a pen a week or so ago. I reported the posting to Jeff and Curtis. Glad you got control of your account again.:wink:

Thanks for sharing pictures of your turnings. It is fun seeing such beautiful work.

robutacion

Nice boxes, George.:)

Hey there was a guy using your account to post pictures of a pen a week or so ago. I reported the posting to Jeff and Curtis. Glad you got control of your account again.:wink:

Thanks for sharing pictures of your turnings. It is fun seeing such beautiful work.

Hey Chris, are you serious, man...???:eek:

How in the heck was that possible...???

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi George,

Interesting shapes mate, I always liked the continuous shape/line in a 2 piece turning, from the same piece of wood and that brings me to my next question, is the taller piece made from the same piece of wood..????

From my end, the colours of top and bottom seem different but that, can perfectly be just the way the pic come out, I see the other 2 pieces being a perfect and continuous match therefore, the reason to my question.

Another detail that I would like to see (if you wouldn't mind) is how you hollowed/finished the tops of the 2 shorter pieces, I deep did you go on them...?

Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

thank you for your comments

George: you are correct, the top and bottom of the sycamore were not from the same piece of wood, although were from the same log, I was just messing around with the shape never thinking it was going to get finished and ended up liking it and finishing it!!

the lids are hollow, just like a normal box. you have to hollow them before the majority of the outside shape is finished so, it's a bit of carful measuring and luck.

Top Bottom