3 from the weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Knucklefish

Knucklefish

2 rosewood bowls @ 4x3 and one cherry @ 8x3. Finish is GF "salad bowl". As usual, I love doing bowls but hate my cell phone photos. Thanks for looking tho!!

Attachments

• Rosewood1.jpg
    Rosewood1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 146
  • Cherry2.jpg
    Cherry2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 129
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
+1 to what Cindy said on background. If you can find an open spot to put down a monotone cloth of some sort like a towel or pillowcase, that would help a lot. Color choice should be something fairly bland so that it does not draw attention away from the piece that you are presenting. White and grey tend to be popular backgrounds as they are fairly neutral, and provide decent contrast so that the piece is not hidden. I use white for almost everything except carvings on eggs.

Your pieces are getting better all the time, keep up the good work. I recommend you experiment with a profile that does not have as sudden a transition near the bottom, more like the cherry piece. Even though the cherry piece is twice as big, it looks "lighter" almost like it is just hovering over the table. Also play around with other classic profiles like ogee. I look forward to what you do next.

Knucklefish

+1 to what Cindy said on background. If you can find an open spot to put down a monotone cloth of some sort like a towel or pillowcase, that would help a lot. Color choice should be something fairly bland so that it does not draw attention away from the piece that you are presenting. White and grey tend to be popular backgrounds as they are fairly neutral, and provide decent contrast so that the piece is not hidden. I use white for almost everything except carvings on eggs.

Your pieces are getting better all the time, keep up the good work. I recommend you experiment with a profile that does not have as sudden a transition near the bottom, more like the cherry piece. Even though the cherry piece is twice as big, it looks "lighter" almost like it is just hovering over the table. Also play around with other classic profiles like ogee. I look forward to what you do next.

Nice bowls. Your pictures would look better if you put them on a simple gray background without anything else in the picture.

Thanks guys for the great advice, I really appreciate honest critique.
Thanks,
John

Top Bottom