2nd bottle stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mjrbuzz

mjrbuzz

Please comment im very new to turning, this needs to go back on the lathe for another go at finishing, but happy so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20140901_182405.jpg
    IMG_20140901_182405.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Great bottle stopper! I like the inlay and wonder if it's turquoise or??? I've never used an inlay and wonder how you do it and if you've had any issues... Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated! BTW, is that a Ruth Niles stainless steel stopper? I've used her stoppers a number of times and everyone loves them! Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you!

mjrbuzz

Its a psi BT stopper, i want some stainless so i will look those up. It is toqurise that i broke up from a necklace. I honesty dont know if i did it property haha as this was my firstbattempt. I turned the basic shape from a peice of almond that had worm or ant holes in it. Then used ca to glue the crushed up stone and turned it again very gingerly with a carbide tool. I think it came out very nice and think it will be my first turning sale :)

turncrazy43

Clayton, for only the second stopper I think you have done a great job. Like the shape and wood choice. Your inlay job was really nice. If you intend to do more inlay work in the future on stoppers and pens try Fire Mountain Gems.com. They have a lot of material that you can crush up and use for inlays.

Top Bottom