2024 Midwest Penturners Gathering - Last Chance For Early Bird Discount and Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

The Midwest Penturners Gathering – April 19 and 20, 2024 – Hoffman Estates

The Largest And Longest Running Pen Making Event

MidwestPenturnersGathering.com

If you have not signed up yet – you want to do so soon to get the extra tickets for the big raffles. We also want to take some time and thank you for your attendance. We love doing this event and the people and penmakers we have met over the years. Thanks. If you have not signed up yet – you might want to consider signing up in the next few days. We are less than 30 days out.

First – the schedule is up on the website, and it looks great. From some of our traditional demos like general turning from beginning to advanced, casting, and blank making to some annual topics like the state of the market – we have also added a marketing session for marketing your business. We also have a few MPG+ demos on boxes, small treasures, and small bowls. The sessions look great, and I cannot wait to attend.

The Friday night activities look great. A meet and greet with Dick Sing. Dick is commonly referred to as the "Father Of Pen Making". He will take you through his lifetime of turning – traveling the world teaching and demoing. A must see. And if you participated in last year's – "You Be The Demonstrator" you will want to do this again. Get up and give a five-minute demo and be in line for some spectacular prizes. And no worries here – everyone is always appreciative and it was a blast. You want to try this one. And meet some of your IAP friends in person. We are planning on a get together of all us IAP members.

What you should bring –
  • Your notebook – tons of information to pass out,
  • Some business cards to pass out to new friends,
  • Just going to say we have a great vendor area,
  • Any "Pens For Troops" – we have donated hundreds of pens – bring your completed pens and we will get them to our troops (if you're short on slim line kits, we will have some available there to complete your assembly)
One last thing we feel the need to mention – get a few good nights' sleep beforehand because we are up all night hanging in the hotel lobby just talking and having fun.

Demonstrators –
John Underhill
Ed Brown
Dick Sing
Paul Pyrcik
John MacDougall
Fred Wissen
Renae Alkhovsky
Andy Kuby
Rob Nelson
Christy Caliendo
Mark Dreyer

As for the vendors – check out the vendor page. What a great line up of not only blank makers (the best around), but tool manufacturers, stabilizing manufacturers, and world class pen supply vendors. I hate to say this, but you will want to spend as much time with our vendors as you will with the demos.

Vendors –
Exotic Blanks
Underhill Casting Solutions
Easy Wood Tools
The Pensmiths
PTownSubbie
Niles Bottle Stoppers
Vince's Wooden Wonders
Stadium Pen Blanks
Drop Anchor Creations
Ohio PenWorks
Rich Coers
BVV Vacuums
Kallenshaan Woods
Pauls Pens and Things
Woodcraft
Polytek / Alumilite
Midwest Woodworking Electronics
Jet / Powermatic
RJR Wood Products

Our Sponsors Who Help Make This Happen –
GluBoost
International Association Of Penturners
Easy Wood Tools
ExoticBlanks
Jet / Powermatic
Alumilite
Eye Candy
Underhill Casting Solutions
Turn Tex

Contests (Details on the website) –
Bring a pen you made and join a contest – Less than a year / 1 to 5 years / Over 5 years
Blank Lottery - You will Receive ONE entry for every blank you bring to the MPG and donate to the LOTTERY. It's that simple. Donate a blank to the lottery and get a chance to win dozens of blanks.

And finally, the intangibles. Come out and meet and reminisce with hundreds of fellow pen makers. From the optional pizza dinner, to the "you be the demonstrator" after session, you can win thousands of dollars in giveaways. We have the most generous pen making community around. Take advantage of it.

Check out the website for the schedule and the vendors. This is a great time and you simply don't want to miss it.

See you there. It's going to be fun …

Check it out …
Midwest Penturners Gathering

MPG-Logo-Final-AAW.png

Last edited:

JohnU

I'll just add - the IAP Collection will be on display.
I always love seeing them in person. Very inspiring! …. And you it's always great seeing snd visiting with you Mark!

The MPG is a fun event. I was hooked after going to my very first one back in Champaign IL. I look forward to seeing and visiting with everyone. The only downside to it is I get very little sleep, but it's worth it. See you all soon!

Top Bottom