2 last minute orders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jhinze

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhinze

And my first CraftSupplies kits... BTW, my customer wants to know if she can engrave the clip? Not sure about that?

First is OliPod burl, it turns very nice and I like the look, the second is tulipwood via BigRob77, also very nice!

20051222125029_oli_pen1.jpg

20051222125041_oli_pen2.jpg

20051222125050_tulip_pen1.jpg

20051222125059_tulip_pen2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very nice work. Re engraving the clip, I am not sure, but would think cutting through the plating would be possible and would not enhance the pen.

Just my thoughts.

Rifleman1776

I know this isn't the same style pen. And I don't know what kind of plating you have there. But, I'll share an experience with a Baron clip and gold TN plating. I tried to have a gold cross fastened to the clip. All attempts, first by a custom jeweler, then myself, failed. At first we had trouble just scratching the surface. Lemmetellya, that TN is some tough stuff. Then with great effort and a tiny carbide grinding tip we did manage to mess up the clip. Took another clip to another custom jeweler that has a laser welder. He couldn't touch it. I ended up having a cross laser engraved on the upper barrel of the pen. If you have 24K gold, you might be able to engrave but then you wouldn't have a permanently beautiful item. I say fuggetit. Have the pen barrel laser engraved instead.

Cam

Here is the reply I had from Ken Nelson on the subject.:

Cam

Hi Cam,
The only success I've had with engraving clips in on the chrome finished pens. Cost is $15.
See attached.
Later,
Ken
http://www.kallenshaanwood
s.com

jhinze

Thanks for the complements guys!

About the engraving, I spoke with craft supplies tech support and they recomended laser engraving. I've directed my cust. to a location near by and we'll see how they come out. If she gets it done, I'll post some after pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom