1st Stabilization attempt w/ Cactus Juice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Here is a picture flow chart of my 1st attempt at stabilizing with Cactus Juice. Thanks to Curtis and everyone that helped me get here, either directly of by your own posts.

Here I cooked my test blanks for about 2 hours at a low temp to make sure all moisture was gone, then I let them cool for 2 hours.
2011-10-21 10.15.59.jpg
I have an olive jar that I was using for testing purpouses. I had to stay close because the juice would get in the lines and I had to Repeatedly remove the vacuum and clear them out. Here you can see it is at 25.5 and starting to calm down. I literally had to bump the vacuum up by .5 each time becasue it would go crazy.
2011-10-21 13.47.10_Spring_Texas_US.jpg
Here it is at 28 and you can see it is going crazy again. I made it to 28.5 and held it there for 1.5 hours.
2011-10-21 13.49.55_Spring_Texas_US.jpg

When all was said and Done I removed and wrapped the blanks in foil like Curtis in his Video. You may notice in the 1st pic I am using the Temp Feature on my Fluke MultiMeter. This is great because I can identify ranges. I found a spot on my Toaster oven that ranges from 185 to 209 degrees.

I ended up doing 1 Piece of Hickory and 2 Pieces of Redwood Burl. I knew the Redwood would fail but had to try. The hickory on the other hand went from 34 grams to 68 grams. Amazing!! Before I could pick it apart w/ my thumb nail, now I can't even dent it with my nail.

Piece on top is stabilized and bottom off the same chunk not. The difference is more odvious than my camera phone will pick up.
2011-10-25 15.00.00.jpg

All togeter I picked Curtis' brain for a couple of hours. He really wants you to succeed with this. I have 1/2 gallon of juice and a bunch of wood to stabilize.

Thanks for reading. C & C & Questions if ya got 'em

Top Bottom