1941 Pearl Harbor Era 50 Cal. Bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Found these 1941 50 Cal. bullets when cleaning out my dad's house a few months ago. They are still live (never used) and I'm trying to decide what to do with them. They are from the Pearl Harbor era. I believe they came from my grandmothers bother who was in the Air Force and she saved a number of things he gave her. I gave all his things to his daughter before I left Pa. after cleaning out the house. But just found these a few days ago and I'm thinking of making pens out of the bullets. SPECIAL pens that is from 1941.
Or should I keep them as they are since they are from the Pearl Harbor time period.
What would you do if you had them in your possession :confused:
Thought about maybe engraving one of them.
Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 713
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 874
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

If those were in my possession I would find someone that could safely pull the bullets, remove the powder and the primer then they would be safe to work with.
Unless you really know what you are doing don't screw around with them as they are.

mrburls

If those were in my possession I would find someone that could safely pull the bullets, remove the powder and the primer then they would be safe to work with.
Unless you really know what you are doing don't screw around with them as they are.

I have NO plans to take them apart myself. But there is an ammo shop down the road from me the police dept. uses. Thought about taking them there.
Keith "mrburls"

mrburls

I don't think they are live ammo, there is no primer in the primer pocket. Looks like a dummy round. the RA on the headstamp is for Remington Arms.

I was wondering what the RA stood for. Yes there is a deep well were the primer would go.
I still will have them checked out before I do anything with them.

Thanks, Keith "mrburls"

I don't think they are live ammo, there is no primer in the primer pocket. Looks like a dummy round. the RA on the headstamp is for Remington Arms.

I am going to have to concur with Robert, as a US Army Trained Small Arms Repairer I have seen my share of Blanks & Dummys. And those rounds don't seem to have any primers. Yet don't take my or anyone's word for it from just a photo. I will suggest that you go to a Gun Store. Mind you I said Gun Store not to Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop, or Gander Mountain.

Top Bottom