1 Set of handles done

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
Although I was corrected, these are grips, the first block was made into these.

I tried to capture the colors throughout with my shaky photos.

I was going for a blended look with distinctive colors for this one, rather than the hard separations. I also did the finish work on these after the hard work was completed. They will get presented and fit tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to view what I was a small part of.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Although I was corrected, these are grips, the first block was made into these.

I tried to capture the colors throughout with my shaky photos.

I was going for a blended look with distinctive colors for this one, rather than the hard separations. I also did the finish work on these after the hard work was completed. They will get presented and fit tomorrow.

][/URL]

Thanks for taking the time to view what I was a small part of.

I always liked to see the hybrid blanks on handguns and your castings come up very nice and the grips are made well...!

I don't know if you remember or if was before your time here where I posted some blanks I made and put into some handguns, they always turn heads around when people see them on the range, huh...?

Cheers
George

Terredax

Banned
Thanks George.
Yours look very nice and my favorite is the light colored one that resembles a star burst with the blue.

On this first cast for grips, I wanted to do subtle and not real bright, but get the veining and distinctive colors without the hard color separations. I don't think many guys would want overly colorful and the colors can be almost anything an individual might prefer. If these and the next two sets go well, we could end up making several more for other club members and possibly a consignment in a gun shop.

It was interesting to see a block of resin turn into something like this. The years that I worked with resins, we never cut any of it into something else. We used molds and poured into the molds.

Terredax

Banned
A quick update. I just got back from a test fit of these and they fit perfectly.
The only things that need to be added are a notch across the backside upper on the one and that was expected, and then the backside of the holes need a slight relief to accommodate the shoulder on the screw stanchions.

We can now complete the two other blocks and I'll get a photo when they are complete. We are very happy with the result.

Top Bottom