PITH Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

Let's use the new photo album category for PITH photos.

I've had a couple of emails asking where should the photos of the PITH pens should be posted. After emailing Jeff he said that they should be posted on this thread and that he'll label it as a sticky note.

So if anyone hs completed their pens and they or their partners would like to show them off this is the place. So lets see some photos.

JayDevin

Over the weekend I completed my PITH Pen for Lou

It is a Ti Gent Rollerball
the wood is Walnut root. I used CA/BLO for the finish.
I hope that Lou Enjoys his pen
DSC00082.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

VisExp

I received my PITH today. It was sent to me by Alan Judy (arjudy) from Ohio. A Spalted Buckeye Burl Baron :) He also replaced the refill with a Schmidt ceramic which I am looking forward to testing.

During our e-mail correspondence I mentioned how much I like Buckeye Burl and had yet to turn a pen from it. Well, he very kindly added a BEB blank to the envelope!

Thank you very much Alan. The pen is very nice, the fit and finish are great. I'm also looking forward to turning a pen with the blank you sent me :D

Thanks also to LanceD for all his hard work in organizing this. It is a great way to get to know someone else on the IAP [8D]

2008780559_ACT_666902.jpg

2008780511_ACT_666801.jpg

2008780617_ACT_667003.jpg

arjudy

Thanks for posting such fantastic photos of the pen I made for you. I'm glad you like it.

I would also like to thank LanceD for organizing this. It really is a lot of fun. I've got two new friends now.:D:D:D

louie

I received my PITH from Jay as shown above in his post (The bottom pic). The pen is much more impressive in person.

Jay is truly an artist. I have so far to go to reach his level of craftsmanship. He also sent me six blanks, which I cannot wait to turn.

Thanks Jay. I hope I was able to express my gratitude in the email I sent you.

Also thanks to LanceD for organizing the PITH.

Lou
NJ

JeeperJohn

I relieved my pen from Tracy (ctwxlvr) on Monday. A really nice click sierra made of cherry burl. Unfortunately my photography skills are not as good as Tracy's turning skills. The picture does not do this pen justice.

200871124343_PITH.jpg

workinforwood

Interesting, I must have missed the PITH deal. When I saw the thread I was thinking nasty pith inside a dear antler and it was making me think of the several large antler pieces I just tossed in the trash can a few days back because they were so open poured pithy inside that I can't imagine doing anything with them.

fyrcaptn

Tea Clipper made and sent that really neat pen- Thank you!.
I posted but in the wrong place. I sent an email and got it back "unable to return" so I just dropped another.
What a great pen and an extra blank to boot!
One day I hope to come close to the fit and finish of the pen I got. THANKS~

broitblat

Here's the PITH I sent to livertrans (Tony Marotta). I wanted to try something a little different.

It is a Brown Mallee, closed end modified slim. The picture doesn't show it, but it also has a Paua shell insert on the top.

-Barry

kirkfranks

Here is the pen I received from BRobbins629.
He made this as a totally kitless pen.
Since there are no brass tubes the pen only weighs 20 grams with a full ink cartridge installed. I have not tried the short converter pump yet.
I am really impressed. I wish my pictures could show it better.
Thank you Bruce,

2008711214828_From%20Bruce%20closed.jpg

2008711214855_From%20Bruce%20open.jpg

smoky10

This is the pen I made for George Norris (old wrangler). Its a platinum Jr. Gent wrapped with alternative ivory. I forgot to take a picture and George sent me this one that he took. It is sitting on a Pyrite crystal he got at a mine in Peru.

200871213143_altivory.jpg

stevers

Hey Scott, haven't seen you in a while.
Smoky, nice to see your post made it over.

I am sooooooooooooo anxiously awaiting my pen from Skiprat. I sent my creation to Serge a few days ago. He should get it in a couple more days. It had to go to Australia.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by stevers

Hey Scott, haven't seen you in a while.
Smoky, nice to see your post made it over.

I am sooooooooooooo anxiously awaiting my pen from Skiprat. I sent my creation to Serge a few days ago. He should get it in a couple more days. It had to go to Australia.

LOL, you will have to be a little patient Steve. But it WILL come, I promise. I wish I could clone myself, just to get a break.:(
I'm sitting in the airport carpark waiting for a colleague from Germany. Just discovered his flight is delayed by two hours[xx(]
Only got about 3mins life in my laptop battery too. [V]
I could send you an existing one but would prefer to make a new one:D

CaptG

tn_pih.jpg

Got my pith pen and it is a beauty. Desert Ironwood with a ca finish that is flawless. Thank you Alton, aka Greenmtn guy, I like it a LOT.:D

bananajeep

Originally posted by dntrost

Here is my pen for Bananajeep from 100 year old fence post doesn't stand up to those I 've seen.

Hey Dion, I have the pen in my hand right now. It is gorgeous!! You did a wonderful job on it. I'd say it would stand up to most of the pens on this forum. Its great to know that the wood for this pen has been around for 100 years since it was harvested. Thanks for the extra blank too. That will make another really nice pen. The best part of this pen is that it was made for me!!!

Thanks again Dion!!

Mike

dntrost

Glad you liked it it is very special wood as it was taken from a ranch here in Texas where my wife works and I am a board member. It is a place for adults with special needs. I will be building them a shop and teaching them wood working skills. Here is a link to the website FYI. Again It was a pleasure making this and please look at our website so you know where the wood came from....
http://www.newdanville.org/
Dion

BruceK

Here is the pen I made for rjwolfe3.

He likes click pens so I made him the long click pen from Laulauwoods. It is a stabilized spalted black ash burl with a CA finish.

200871523417_spaltedblackashclickpen640.jpg

rjwolfe3

Here is the pen I made for rjwolfe3.

He likes click pens so I made him the long click pen from Laulauwoods. It is a stabilized spalted black ash burl with a CA finish.

Bruce,
That pen is awesome. It has a perfect, flawless finish on it. I love it.

DKF

Here is the pen I made for Jeff James (jeffj13)...Lucite closed end Jr. Retro...He is a fan of fountain pens, and not a big fan of acrylic style material, so what did I go and make him...a rollerball out of Lucite!....

200871715041_IMG_2024.jpg

Top Bottom