Hello from Wisconsin!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm Nate. I've turned many pens but had stopped for a while. I'm getting started again and would like to know if there are any other places to buy complete starter sets from, including the lathe. I can only find PSI. There has got to be other places lol. Please let me know. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

Hi Nate,
Welcome from Menasha WI. Appleton and Milwaukee have Woodcraft stores that carry pen kits. They actually have models on display so that you know what they will look like after turning.

Seven

JoeSr

Hi Nate, I get all my pen supplies from PSI and some wood and some tools from Woodcraft in Madison. I first got a starter package from Rockler and was very dissatisfied with the pen kits. Joe

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from Milwaukee.
We're having a Chapter meeting Sept 14. If your in the Milwaukee area join us.
Contact me if you want more info.

ttpenman

Make sure you check Exotic Blanks right here in Wisconsin. Great place to deal with. Machine and tool wise, the Woodcraft stores should be helpful. I also really like Woodworkers Depot in Green Bay. They usually have 3 or 4 lathes and some nice tools and wood. Great place.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

navycop

Welcome from Virginia Beach. The title of your post reminds me of "That 70's Show". At the beginning (after the song) Auston Kutcher shouts out "Hello Wisconsin".

plano_harry

Welcome Nate! PSI is the only place I know of that offer full starter sets. Take a little while and read the articles about starting out in the library. Also, try some search terms in the search box below the logo on the home page.
Here is a good example:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/if-i-had-known-earlier-46654/

IMEO - Starter sets are convenient, but you pay a lot of money for things you probably don't really want. A little more time reading on here will save you money and buying things twice.

Top Bottom