Good morning from Livermore, CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

I have just joined this group, and will post my current frustration in the finishing portion of the site soon. However, I would like to introduce myself first.

I live in Livermore, California which is about 40 miles due east of San Francisco. I retired in 2002 from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory after 35+ years, mostly in the security end of things. I am 72, and have just recently started pen turning and I LOVE it!

I was introduced to the 'how to' side by a very good friend who shared his talent, enthusiasm, and his lathe (until I got my own) and most of the things I needed to go with it. I fear this is a slippery slope.... My wife points out that so far the pens I have made are worth $150 each!

I have turned 7 or 8 pens so far, and have restricted my experience to slimline pens thus far. I look forward to expanding into other styles soon.

In advance, thank you for your advice and counsel. Your site was recommended by two members and I already feel welcomed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Welcome aboard. Check out the library -- there is a wealth of knowledge in 'them thar hills'.

BTW, there is an IAP Chapter that meets in Pleasanton. Check out the Local Chapter Tab above.

Last edited:

Edward Cypher

Welcome from Colorado, enjoy the forum and you are right it is a very slippery slope but so much fun. As John said check out the library, great info and tons of it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Ohio! Enjoy IAP.

$150... not bad, after amoritizing all my expenses, my first 5-10 pens probably cost about double that... what they were worth ...:eek::frown::eek::frown:.

plano_harry

Welcome Warren! Don't be afraid to post your pictures. We are mostly nice folks and love to solve pen problems. All the "opinion" questions have already been asked Best pen, best this or that, you can get years worth of answers using the search function.

Look forward to seeing your work.

rockb

Hey Warren, we're almost neighbors....Redding...couple hundred miles north... IAP's a geat place with good guys, lots of info and access to great wood.
Welcome,
Rocky/rockb

Top Bottom