New to Cali

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JCochrun

I just moved to California from Hawaii a few months ago. I'm in the Penn Valley/Grass Valley area. I used to be on here under the username of JUSAF. I wasn't able to reset my password so I decided it would be easier to start a new account. Have been doing mostly Comfort style pens. Eventually I will branch out and try new pen styles.

Jim Cochrun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome back to IAP and welcome to CA. Hopefully you can join us at our "local" gatherings!

Where were you in HI? I grew up on O'ahu in Kahalu'u.

GK
ps When you are viewing the Nor/Central California forum (not a thread, just the forum) you can select "forum tools" and "subscribe to this forum"; then you will get a notice anytime anyone posts to our forum.

JCochrun

I was on O'ahu in Ewa Beach. Worked at Hickam. Nice drive each day. When and where are the local gatherings? I'll try to make them.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
We do a gathering every 3-4 months. We just had one end of August so Dec/Jan for the next one. We try to cycle the "where" thru North/middle/south of our members. We've met in Oakdale, Fresno, San Jose, and Pleasanton. But most meetings end up in the at my place in Pleasanton(Pleasanton is pretty much "in the middle" and I have the biggest garage so can comfortable handle the load).

If you do a search in the forum for BBANC you can see the write-ups for our past meetings to see the kinds of things we do.

Kalai

Welcome back from Hawaii. I could never leave Hawaii, of course my entire business is based on Hawaiian woods and wood products so that is one reason I can't leave. Well your just a hop skip and a jump away, if you ever need some Hawaiian woods let me know, aloha.

Chris "Kalai"

JCochrun

Welcome back from Hawaii. I could never leave Hawaii, of course my entire business is based on Hawaiian woods and wood products so that is one reason I can't leave. Well your just a hop skip and a jump away, if you ever need some Hawaiian woods let me know, aloha.

Chris "Kalai"

Thanks Chris...I might be contacting you in a few months. I have some koa pen blanks but nothing big. Once I turn those, I will be needing more.

Jim

nava1uni

Welcome to California and welcome back to IAP. Do try to make the get togethers. They are a great way to meet people, learn, have a lot of fun, trade wood, etc. Hope to see you at the next one.

Top Bottom